Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Useradd and passwd in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX Useradd and passwd in HP-UX Post 302792929 by vbe on Thursday 11th of April 2013 10:59:24 AM
Old 04-11-2013
Its passwd d ... in HP-UX... look at the man pages...
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd - useradd issues

hi guys I'm having these problems with these commands and I have not idea why # passwd If 'passwd' is not a typo you can run the following command to lookup the package that contains the binary: command-not-found passwd -bash: passwd: command not found # useradd temp Warning:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
15 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

useradd w/o write permission on /etc/passwd

Hi root user creates a user using the useradd command. This command creates an entry in the /etc/passwd file. /etc/passwd file has rw permission for the root user. Now, if I happen to remove the w permission for the root user, useradd command still is successfully creating entry in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
3 Replies

10. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies
Jcode(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Jcode(3pm)

NAME
Jcode - Japanese Charset Handler SYNOPSIS
use Jcode; # # traditional Jcode::convert($str, $ocode, $icode, "z"); # or OOP! print Jcode->new($str)->h2z->tr($from, $to)->utf8; DESCRIPTION
<Japanese document is now available as Jcode::Nihongo. > Jcode.pm supports both object and traditional approach. With object approach, you can go like; $iso_2022_jp = Jcode->new($str)->h2z->jis; Which is more elegant than: $iso_2022_jp = $str; &jcode::convert($iso_2022_jp, 'jis', &jcode::getcode($str), "z"); For those unfamiliar with objects, Jcode.pm still supports "getcode()" and "convert()." If the perl version is 5.8.1, Jcode acts as a wrapper to Encode, the standard charset handler module for Perl 5.8 or later. Methods Methods mentioned here all return Jcode object unless otherwise mentioned. Constructors $j = Jcode->new($str [, $icode]) Creates Jcode object $j from $str. Input code is automatically checked unless you explicitly set $icode. For available charset, see get- code below. For perl 5.8.1 or better, $icode can be any encoding name that Encode understands. $j = Jcode->new($european, 'iso-latin1'); When the object is stringified, it returns the EUC-converted string so you can <print $j> instead of <print $j->euc>. Passing Reference Instead of scalar value, You can use reference as Jcode->new($str); This saves time a little bit. In exchange of the value of $str being converted. (In a way, $str is now "tied" to jcode object). $j->set($str [, $icode]) Sets $j's internal string to $str. Handy when you use Jcode object repeatedly (saves time and memory to create object). # converts mailbox to SJIS format my $jconv = new Jcode; $/ = 00; while(&lt;&gt;){ print $jconv->set($_)->mime_decode->sjis; } $j->append($str [, $icode]); Appends $str to $j's internal string. $j = jcode($str [, $icode]); shortcut for Jcode->new() so you can go like; Encoded Strings In general, you can retrieve encoded string as $j->encoded. $sjis = jcode($str)->sjis $euc = $j->euc $jis = $j->jis $sjis = $j->sjis $ucs2 = $j->ucs2 $utf8 = $j->utf8 What you code is what you get :) $iso_2022_jp = $j->iso_2022_jp Same as "$j->h2z->jis". Hankaku Kanas are forcibly converted to Zenkaku. For perl 5.8.1 and better, you can also use any encoding names and aliases that Encode supports. For example: $european = $j->iso_latin1; # replace '-' with '_' for names. FYI: Encode::Encoder uses similar trick. $j->fallback($fallback) For perl is 5.8.1 or better, Jcode stores the internal string in UTF-8. Any character that does not map to ->encoding are replaced with a '?', which is Encode standard. my $unistr = "x{262f}"; # YIN YANG my $j = jcode($unistr); # $j->euc is '?' You can change this behavior by specifying fallback like Encode. Values are the same as Encode. "Jcode::FB_PERLQQ", "Jcode::FB_XML- CREF", "Jcode::FB_HTMLCREF" are aliased to those of Encode for convenice. print $j->fallback(Jcode::FB_PERLQQ)->euc; # 'x{262f}' print $j->fallback(Jcode::FB_XMLCREF)->euc; # '&#x262f;' print $j->fallback(Jcode::FB_HTMLCREF)->euc; # '&#9775;' The global variable $Jcode::FALLBACK stores the default fallback so you can override that by assigning the value. $Jcode::FALLBACK = Jcode::FB_PERLQQ; # set default fallback scheme [@lines =] $jcode->jfold([$width, $newline_str, $kref]) folds lines in jcode string every $width (default: 72) where $width is the number of "halfwidth" character. Fullwidth Characters are counted as two. with a newline string spefied by $newline_str (default: " "). Rudimentary kinsoku suppport is now available for Perl 5.8.1 and better. $length = $jcode->jlength(); returns character length properly, rather than byte length. Methods that use MIME::Base64 To use methods below, you need MIME::Base64. To install, simply perl -MCPAN -e 'CPAN::Shell->install("MIME::Base64")' If your perl is 5.6 or better, there is no need since MIME::Base64 is bundled. $mime_header = $j->mime_encode([$lf, $bpl]) Converts $str to MIME-Header documented in RFC1522. When $lf is specified, it uses $lf to fold line (default: ). When $bpl is speci- fied, it uses $bpl for the number of bytes (default: 76; this number must be smaller than 76). For Perl 5.8.1 or better, you can also encode MIME Header as: $mime_header = $j->MIME_Header; In which case the resulting $mime_header is MIME-B-encoded UTF-8 whereas "$j->mime_encode()" returnes MIME-B-encoded ISO-2022-JP. Most modern MUAs support both. $j->mime_decode; Decodes MIME-Header in Jcode object. For perl 5.8.1 or better, you can also do the same as: Jcode->new($str, 'MIME-Header') Hankaku vs. Zenkaku $j->h2z([$keep_dakuten]) Converts X201 kana (Hankaku) to X208 kana (Zenkaku). When $keep_dakuten is set, it leaves dakuten as is (That is, "ka + dakuten" is left as is instead of being converted to "ga") You can retrieve the number of matches via $j->nmatch; $j->z2h Converts X208 kana (Zenkaku) to X201 kana (Hankaku). You can retrieve the number of matches via $j->nmatch; Regexp emulators To use "->m()" and "->s()", you need perl 5.8.1 or better. $j->tr($from, $to, $opt); Applies "tr/$from/$to/" on Jcode object where $from and $to are EUC-JP strings. On perl 5.8.1 or better, $from and $to can also be flagged UTF-8 strings. If $opt is set, "tr/$from/$to/$opt" is applied. $opt must be 'c', 'd' or the combination thereof. You can retrieve the number of matches via $j->nmatch; The following methods are available only for perl 5.8.1 or better. $j->s($patter, $replace, $opt); Applies "s/$pattern/$replace/$opt". $pattern and "replace" must be in EUC-JP or flagged UTF-8. $opt are the same as regexp options. See perlre for regexp options. Like "$j->tr()", "$j->s()" returns the object itself so you can nest the operation as follows; $j->tr("a-z", "A-Z")->s("foo", "bar"); [@match = ] $j->m($pattern, $opt); Applies "m/$patter/$opt". Note that this method DOES NOT RETURN AN OBJECT so you can't chain the method like "$j->s()". Instance Variables If you need to access instance variables of Jcode object, use access methods below instead of directly accessing them (That's what OOP is all about) FYI, Jcode uses a ref to array instead of ref to hash (common way) to optimize speed (Actually you don't have to know as long as you use access methods instead; Once again, that's OOP) $j->r_str Reference to the EUC-coded String. $j->icode Input charcode in recent operation. $j->nmatch Number of matches (Used in $j->tr, etc.) Subroutines ($code, [$nmatch]) = getcode($str) Returns char code of $str. Return codes are as follows ascii Ascii (Contains no Japanese Code) binary Binary (Not Text File) euc EUC-JP sjis SHIFT_JIS jis JIS (ISO-2022-JP) ucs2 UCS2 (Raw Unicode) utf8 UTF8 When array context is used instead of scaler, it also returns how many character codes are found. As mentioned above, $str can be $str instead. jcode.pl Users: This function is 100% upper-conpatible with jcode::getcode() -- well, almost; * When its return value is an array, the order is the opposite; jcode::getcode() returns $nmatch first. * jcode::getcode() returns 'undef' when the number of EUC characters is equal to that of SJIS. Jcode::getcode() returns EUC. for Jcode.pm there is no in-betweens. Jcode::convert($str, [$ocode, $icode, $opt]) Converts $str to char code specified by $ocode. When $icode is specified also, it assumes $icode for input string instead of the one checked by getcode(). As mentioned above, $str can be $str instead. jcode.pl Users: This function is 100% upper-conpatible with jcode::convert() ! BUGS
For perl is 5.8.1 or later, Jcode acts as a wrapper to Encode. Meaning Jcode is subject to bugs therein. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This package owes a lot in motivation, design, and code, to the jcode.pl for Perl4 by Kazumasa Utashiro <utashiro@iij.ad.jp>. Hiroki Ohzaki <ohzaki@iod.ricoh.co.jp> has helped me polish regexp from the very first stage of development. JEncode by makamaka@donzoko.net has inspired me to integrate Encode to Jcode. He has also contributed Japanese POD. And folks at Jcode Mailing list <jcode5@ring.gr.jp>. Without them, I couldn't have coded this far. SEE ALSO
Encode Jcode::Nihongo <http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2005 Dan Kogai <dankogai@dan.co.jp> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2005-02-19 Jcode(3pm)