Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Programming parallel for C++ and Python application Post 302791023 by figaro on Sunday 7th of April 2013 04:42:51 PM
Old 04-07-2013
I am getting concerned that our compiled Boost-code is getting bloated. We will be experimenting with basic C++ functions as if there was only one core and no Boost, then add MPI pragmas to the C++ code and finally add user functionality (screens, post-processing etc) in Python.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ftp application using socket programming

i have made a ftp application in socket programming which uses TCP/IP .. i have the problem runing the only problem is on the client side i take the user input for the file to be downloaded from the command promt. write(s, argv, strlen(argv)+1); // this is how i write in client side argv is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

2. Programming

Modifying sniffex.c to include concepts of parallel programming or threads

HI For the past 1 week i have been trying to include the concepts of parallel programming or thread in the sniffex.c code. Haven't been able to.. Please suggest sm appropriate modifications to the following code: /* * sniffex.c * * Sniffer example of TCP/IP packet capture using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aka.bhagvanji
1 Replies

3. Debian

Programming, Python.

I do some Python programming in windows, understand how to use python in windows... However I do not know how to use python in Linux. I do know the commands n such are the same but there isn't any IDLE or anything its ran straight from the terminal by typing python but I have never used python that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Python Programming for ASN.1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end. Someone said that it is possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Programming for asn1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python GNU parallel single command on multiple cores

Hello, I have a 4 core machine. Here is my initial script cd /work/ python script.py input.txt output.txt 1 2 3 This script runs for 1.5hrs. So I read across the web and figured out that you can use GNU parallel to submit multiple jobs using parallel. But I am not sure if I can run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redploymnet of python application on UNIX Server

I have created the python application, which was deployed on UNIX server but due to some certain issues I have to redeploy the application every time while logging in to the server I am trying to make it work permanently on that server even when I am not using the UNIX server also Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varul29
1 Replies
IMPTRACE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       IMPTRACE(1)

NAME
imptrace -- report importance donation events in real time SYNOPSIS
imptrace [-i [-s]] [-p pid] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The imptrace utility displays a trace of importance donation events. Importance donation is used by adaptive jobs on the system to manage their priority on the system. See xpc_transaction_begin(3) and launchd.plist(5) for more information about the mechanism and its use. The options are as follows: -i Show internal kernel boosts -s Show stacks for internal boosts. -p pid Limit events to the process identified by pid. -d Display raw Dtrace output; do not reformat timestamps and sort output. The traced events are as follows: BOOSTED The specified process has received a boost and transitioned out of the background. UNBOOST The specified process has dropped its last remaining boost and transitioned back into the background. Recv Boost The specified process has received a boost and accepted ownership of that boost in userspace, usually by dequeuing the boost- ing message. Drop Boost The specified process has dropped a boost. ____ Int Boost Internal boost events are only emitted when tracking of kernel internal boosts is activated with the -i option. Their use and meaning is subject to change and dependent on the implementation details of importance donation. EXAMPLES
The imptrace script will output one line for each event, for example a typical boosting exchange might look as follows: 0000:00:00.000000000 EVENT PROCESS BOOSTS NOTES 0023:15:13.844332886 BOOSTED 22:configd 0023:15:13.844372519 Recv Boost 22:configd 1 from 275:SystemUIServer 0023:15:13.844497860 UNBOOST 22:configd Boosted for 0 ms 0023:15:13.844509452 Drop Boost 22:configd 0 In this case, SystemUIServer (PID 275) has sent a message to configd (PID 22) which caused it to be boosted. configd then dropped the boost causing it to be become unboosted and return to background state. Boosted and unboost events may appear before the triggering recv or drop boost. NOTES
imptrace is implemented using Dtrace. For information about the probes used, see comments in the imptrace source. When debugging an adap- tive service, it may be helpful to combine these probes with other Dtrace providers; however, they should be considered unstable. OS X
May 01, 2013 OS X