Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Programming parallel for C++ and Python application Post 302791023 by figaro on Sunday 7th of April 2013 04:42:51 PM
Old 04-07-2013
I am getting concerned that our compiled Boost-code is getting bloated. We will be experimenting with basic C++ functions as if there was only one core and no Boost, then add MPI pragmas to the C++ code and finally add user functionality (screens, post-processing etc) in Python.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ftp application using socket programming

i have made a ftp application in socket programming which uses TCP/IP .. i have the problem runing the only problem is on the client side i take the user input for the file to be downloaded from the command promt. write(s, argv, strlen(argv)+1); // this is how i write in client side argv is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

2. Programming

Modifying sniffex.c to include concepts of parallel programming or threads

HI For the past 1 week i have been trying to include the concepts of parallel programming or thread in the sniffex.c code. Haven't been able to.. Please suggest sm appropriate modifications to the following code: /* * sniffex.c * * Sniffer example of TCP/IP packet capture using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aka.bhagvanji
1 Replies

3. Debian

Programming, Python.

I do some Python programming in windows, understand how to use python in windows... However I do not know how to use python in Linux. I do know the commands n such are the same but there isn't any IDLE or anything its ran straight from the terminal by typing python but I have never used python that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Python Programming for ASN.1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end. Someone said that it is possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Programming for asn1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python GNU parallel single command on multiple cores

Hello, I have a 4 core machine. Here is my initial script cd /work/ python script.py input.txt output.txt 1 2 3 This script runs for 1.5hrs. So I read across the web and figured out that you can use GNU parallel to submit multiple jobs using parallel. But I am not sure if I can run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redploymnet of python application on UNIX Server

I have created the python application, which was deployed on UNIX server but due to some certain issues I have to redeploy the application every time while logging in to the server I am trying to make it work permanently on that server even when I am not using the UNIX server also Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varul29
1 Replies
MPI_Errhandler_set(3)						      LAM/MPI						     MPI_Errhandler_set(3)

NAME
MPI_Errhandler_set - Sets the error handler for a communicator SYNOPSIS
#include <mpi.h> int MPI_Errhandler_set(MPI_Comm comm, MPI_Errhandler errhdl) INPUT PARAMETERS
comm - communicator to set the error handler for (handle) errhandler - new MPI error handler for communicator (handle) NOTES
This function is deprecated. It has been replaced with an MPI-2 function (see the "See also" section, below), which provides the same functionality. This function is (or effectively is) a wrapper to the replacement function, anyway. User programs should use the MPI-2 replacement function instead of this function. Some functions are deprecated because their names did not conform to the stricter naming conventions of MPI-2; others are deprecated because they have been replaced with more flexible functionality. SEE ALSO
MPI_Comm_set_errhandler MORE INFORMATION
For more information, please see the official MPI Forum web site, which contains the text of both the MPI-1 and MPI-2 standards. These documents contain detailed information about each MPI function (most of which is not duplicated in these man pages). http://www.mpi-forum.org/ ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The LAM Team would like the thank the MPICH Team for the handy program to generate man pages ("doctext" from ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/sow- ing/sowing.tar.gz ), the initial formatting, and some initial text for most of the MPI-1 man pages. LOCATION
errset.c LAM
/MPI 6.5.8 11/10/2002 MPI_Errhandler_set(3)