Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting variable values in filename Post 302790265 by balajesuri on Friday 5th of April 2013 05:24:26 AM
Old 04-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAch
Filename in output is a, b, c followed by underscore and the values in column 7
The awk command in post #5 exactly does this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAch
I basically want to change the filenames as it is printed above. Please suggest me something to change the filename.
Please elaborate. You want to change the filename to what?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in inserting values in date format

how to assign values in this date format a=`date +"%H%M%S"` how to give value of H=22,here in this format so that i can grep 22nd hour.Below is the script -------------------------------------------------------------------------- a=`date +"%H%M%S"` for i in *.log do cat $i | grep $a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting variable value into filename

Greetings, people of UNIX/Linux forums. I am having a problem with a script, where I am trying to create a new variable. The value of this variable would be dependent on the value in a couple other previous variables (all variables are 2-digit integers). Here is my code: #set the stations... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheSMan5
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a variable to a new line

In my script I am using sed to insert a line. Suppose I have a variable called ck_size=5 and a temporary file called tmp I want to add a certain line in the tmp file .Please see the below command sed -i '2a\maitee is $ck_size' /dun/homes/lrsprod/tmp I want in 2 line of tmp file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify a file by inserting a conditional values

Hi, input file CCCC 1204 215764.85 9405410.40 1189 DDDD 4498 1503 4617 1507 4723 1517 4829 1528 4996 1540 DDDD 5199 1556 5278 1567 5529 1603 5674 1614 6076 1915 DDDD 6605 2371 7004 2779 CCCC ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting filename at the top of file

Hi Forum members, I want to insert the filename at the top of file (i.e, first row only) My file name is like asdf_432 And I want to insert this filename in first row as filename is asdf with serial no. 432 Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in inserting values of variable of shell

hi all, i have one shell script like this #!/bin/bash -xv ENV_NAME=`cat $IB_HOME_DIR/cfg/ibProfile.sh | grep "RDM_CONN" | cut -f 2 -d "@"` CURRENT_DIR=`pwd`; string=$IB_HOME_DIR string1="$string/FRGFOLDER/input" #sed "s/string3/$string1" frg_event_src.sql > modifiedinsert.sql sqlplus... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a variable in awk script

I have file input.txt: >TX1-1 Freq 55 cattctgatgaatatttgtcctttagttgttatttgt >TX1-2 Freq 19 cattctgatgaatatttgtcctttagttgttatttgt >TX1-3 Freq 17 cattctgatgaatatttgtcctttagttgttatttgt >TX1-4 Freq 6 cattctgatgaatatttgtcctttagttgttatttgt >TX1-5 Freq 6 cattctgatgaatatttgtcctttagttgttatttgt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting values into database from an excel

Hi, I have a requirement where I have an excel sheet with the below values COL1 COL2 COL3 Germany URGENT NORMAL I want to cut the values of this excel in such a way that I get the values and pass it to an insert statement update tbfin set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting values to database

hi , I'm new to Unix shell scripting. I need help to insert read csv which has two columns -emp no and logged date. csv file is a large file so i want to keep the insertion query in a separate .sql file. csv file looks this: empno | loggeddate ___________________ 5666 ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)