Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis Post 302789925 by Corona688 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 12:23:47 PM
Old 04-04-2013
Your set timefmt looks okay actually, but you also want to add the line set xdata time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sar Vs. gnuplot time format

Hi, I want to generate gnuplot graph from sar data. My problem is the time format. 1- Gnuplot doesn't support the sar format (01:00:59 AM/PM) 2- Sar doesn't provide a switch to choose the format. The only way to do it is by exporting LANG=fr_FR. Since I have other apps running and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxmtl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNUPLOT problem

Hi, Im trying to plot a time series with gnuplot. this is my script set xdata time set yrange set timefmt "%H" set xrange set format x "%H:%M:%S" plot "time_vs_times.txt" using 1:2 title 'Interarrival time' with points lw 2 and this is my data 11:14:18 5 11:14:19 10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

5. Programming

Creating a line graph in jqplot

I have a piece of code here that should create a line graph consisting of two lines. It will not render the lines and neither the dates on the x-axis. The y-axis is apparently already scaled for the y-values, so the data interpretation went correctly for at least some of the data. Does anybody see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

GnuPlot - 2d-graph --> depending from size, different color

Hi, i would like to change color depending from the valuerange. a gnuplot-script will generate a multiplot and in one graph, the ranges should have different colors, e.g. 100 ... 133 --> red 200 ... 233 --> blue 300 ... 333 --> orange 400 ... 433 --> green #Partikeldata - Partikel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnuplot flat line graph

Hi, I'm not able to find a solution because I cant find the exact keyword for this. I wanna make a graph like ive shown in the attachment. Could someone please share ideas on how to do this. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
3 Replies

8. Programming

Draw Bar Graph for GNUPLOT

For example, I have a file called data.txt. And the content is: Iker_Casillas 181 Raphael_Varane 182 Sergio_Ramos 182May I know how to write a script for gnuplot, so I can have a bar graph as the column 1 will be the x and column 2 will be the y? And I hope that the x value can be seen clearly.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot Time Data Question

I have a data file of the following format: servername,2013-05-11 17:46:03,SomeText,195,195,11,202 servername,2013-05-11 17:47:03,SomeText,192,192,23,103 servername,2013-05-11 17:48:03,SomeText,189,190,14,117 servername,2013-05-11 17:49:03,SomeText,196,195,24,231 ... ... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeeryM
0 Replies
GPIV_PIV2GNUPLT(1)					      General Commands Manual						GPIV_PIV2GNUPLT(1)

NAME
gpiv_piv2gnuplt - Converts PIV data gnuplot data. SYNOPSIS
gpiv_piv2gnuplt [-al int] [-au int] [-h | --help] [-p | --print] [-s float] [-v | --version] [-z] filename DESCRIPTION
gpiv_piv2gnuplt converts PIV data to gnuplot vectors for displaying and printing PIV the estimators in a graphical way. This program does not use the parameter resources from libgpiv. The parameters may be defined by the command line options as explained below. Options -al L Draws an annotation vector with length L. -al UNIT Define unit of annotation vector (defaul m/s). -h | --help On-line help. -p | --print Prints parameters to stdout. -s SCALE Scale factor for graphic output with gnuplot. -v | --version Print version information on standard output, then exits successfully. -z Full zoom (for scaled data). filename Filename containing the input PIV data. SEE ALSO
gpivtools AUTHOR
Gerber Van der Graaf 9 November 2006 GPIV_PIV2GNUPLT(1)