Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis Post 302789911 by hakro807 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 12:09:02 PM
Old 04-04-2013
I just realised the code I posted was incomplete. Since the x axis is time gnuplot has to be told so.

So the final code looks like this:

Code:
gnuplot
set terminal png
set output "graph_realtime.png"
set yrange [10:50]
set timefmt "%H:%M"
plot "./values_minute" using 1:2 title 'Temperature' with lines, \
"./values_minute" using 1:3 title 'Humidity' with lines

This works without giving an error message, but all the values is located at the extreme ends of the graph.

Added
Code:
set xdata time

which helped. But now I need to make the x axis easily readable, maybe tics every 15 minutes.

Added
Code:
set xtics "14:00", 900, "16:00"

which help but it's still showing the time as hours:minutes:seconds, how to only show it as hours:minutes? And does it exist an easy way to replace (in my example) 14:00 and 16:00 with proper values, i.e. if it was measured from 09:05 to 10:04 the first tic (excluding the edges of the graph) would be at 09:15, the last at at 10:00? I guess it's similar to
Code:
 set xtics "%H:M", 900, "%H:%M"

or do I have to create a script that read the first and last value from the table with values and insert the correct time?

Last edited by hakro807; 04-04-2013 at 01:50 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sar Vs. gnuplot time format

Hi, I want to generate gnuplot graph from sar data. My problem is the time format. 1- Gnuplot doesn't support the sar format (01:00:59 AM/PM) 2- Sar doesn't provide a switch to choose the format. The only way to do it is by exporting LANG=fr_FR. Since I have other apps running and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxmtl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNUPLOT problem

Hi, Im trying to plot a time series with gnuplot. this is my script set xdata time set yrange set timefmt "%H" set xrange set format x "%H:%M:%S" plot "time_vs_times.txt" using 1:2 title 'Interarrival time' with points lw 2 and this is my data 11:14:18 5 11:14:19 10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

5. Programming

Creating a line graph in jqplot

I have a piece of code here that should create a line graph consisting of two lines. It will not render the lines and neither the dates on the x-axis. The y-axis is apparently already scaled for the y-values, so the data interpretation went correctly for at least some of the data. Does anybody see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

GnuPlot - 2d-graph --> depending from size, different color

Hi, i would like to change color depending from the valuerange. a gnuplot-script will generate a multiplot and in one graph, the ranges should have different colors, e.g. 100 ... 133 --> red 200 ... 233 --> blue 300 ... 333 --> orange 400 ... 433 --> green #Partikeldata - Partikel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnuplot flat line graph

Hi, I'm not able to find a solution because I cant find the exact keyword for this. I wanna make a graph like ive shown in the attachment. Could someone please share ideas on how to do this. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
3 Replies

8. Programming

Draw Bar Graph for GNUPLOT

For example, I have a file called data.txt. And the content is: Iker_Casillas 181 Raphael_Varane 182 Sergio_Ramos 182May I know how to write a script for gnuplot, so I can have a bar graph as the column 1 will be the x and column 2 will be the y? And I hope that the x value can be seen clearly.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot Time Data Question

I have a data file of the following format: servername,2013-05-11 17:46:03,SomeText,195,195,11,202 servername,2013-05-11 17:47:03,SomeText,192,192,23,103 servername,2013-05-11 17:48:03,SomeText,189,190,14,117 servername,2013-05-11 17:49:03,SomeText,196,195,24,231 ... ... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeeryM
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)