Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing and timestamp a pattern in log Post 302789651 by amazigh42 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 03:56:08 AM
Old 04-04-2013
Hello,

I would like to have confirmation.

Code:
$z_cat $log_name |awk -F"[/ \\\][]" -v S="24/01/2013 10:10" -v E="24/01/2013 10:30" '
function dcmp(b) {
  if($4>b[3])return  1;

In $log_name I have lines which look like to :
Code:
[24/01/2013 09:11:59,236] ERROR [pool-1-thread-3][org.objectweb.jonas.jca.process]

1- Does the red pattern b[3] match with the red pattern 2013 ?
2- And Does the magenta pattern $4 match with the magenta pattern 2013 ?
3- Else, how to debug b[3] with printf ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated because I can not move anymore.

Last edited by amazigh42; 04-04-2013 at 09:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spooling a log file with timestamp

Hi From shell script i am invoking sqlplus to connect to oracle database and then i spool a csv file as with output. What i want to do is to change the file name with timestamp on it so after spooling finish shell script change file name with time stamp. can someone help me to do that . Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukadmin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all log records logged after $timestamp ?

I am trying to find a way to list every records inside a file (usually a log file) that are present after a record mathing/greater-then a timestamp supplied by another script. The timestamp can be anywhere inside the record and it is usually in the standard `date` format (will not look for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate log file lines up to timestamp

Hi, Using sed awk or perl I am trying to do something similar to https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/105887-sed-awk-concatenate-lines-until-blank-line-2.html but my requirement is slightly different. What I am trying to accomplish is to reformat a logfile such that all lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlanC
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a timestamp until EOF

hey guys, i'm having a bit of trouble with my script. based on the time you started a shift for work, it's supposed to read the input, and then parse a log file of alerts accordingly. my issue is parsing out from the time entered as your start time until the end of the file. the format looks like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern parsing

Can somebody show me an example of of using either '#' or '?' to remove part of string. I am reading files from directories and I want to check if file ends with *.log *.dmp or begins with a arch_* I DONT want to use AWK or SED to do this since there maybe 1000's of files I need to test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help finding a file where a pattern exists and the file has a timestamp

So, I know how to do some of this stuff on an individual level, but I'm drawing a blank as to how to put it all together. I have a pattern that I'm looking for in a log file. The log file I know came in yesterday, so I want to limit the search to that day's listing of files. How would I do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kontrol
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing file with combination of pattern

I have a file1 like prt1|als28.1 prt3|als53.1 prt2|als550.1 prt1|bls9.2 prt2|als7.2 prt2|bls0.2 prt2|als872.1 prt1|bls871.1 prt2|als6.2 prt4|als22.1 prt2|bls43.2 I want to create a file2 from this file by comparing all the possible combinations of patterns (prt) assuming prt1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
3 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)