Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need steps for Netbackup Update from 7.1 to 7.5 Post 302787903 by freebird8z on Sunday 31st of March 2013 11:13:27 AM
Old 03-31-2013
I think best approach will be to open a case with Symantec and ask them to provide you help in NBU upgrade. 7.0 to 7.5 is a minor upgrade and should not cause any problem - however, open a case and they will guide you through the process.

If you have liberty of second free disk in the backup server, then I would suggest to clone the original disk first before attempting upgrade. That will save lots of hassle if things dont go as planned.
This User Gave Thanks to freebird8z For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup question

Hello, I am setting up scripts to do shadow image backups but have found a pitfall I cannot figure out how to work around. Basically what I need to figure out is how to launch a bunch of bpbackups, and then have the script pause until all of the children have exited. The problem is that bpbackup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Netbackup on Solaris 8

Hi, Anyone know netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8 . Currently I use root to perform backup / monitoring ...etc . Can I create a user call "backup" and perform the same task What permission should I give the "backup" user . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Netbackup Installation

Hello all. I have a HP-UX 11.11 system that I need to install Netbackup 6.5 onto. After I mount the cd drive and run the 'install' command, it comes back with the following error: usage: install file WHAT options is it talking about? When I look at the documentation from Netbackup, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup Questions

I have 2 questions maybe those netbackup experts and gurus in the house can help. Firstly, is there a particular location maybe under /usr/openv where I can find a diretory or file which contains all the backup policy information, so lets say If someone were to physically delete all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup 6 Question

What is the command to find out if a policy has been run and if it has the date it was last run? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
0 Replies

7. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

8. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update New Steps for UNIX.com

Dear Everyone, Thank you for all the great comments, feedback and patience during our recent modernization efforts at unix.com. Now, I need to decide where to go next, as we move into the next phase. Some of the ideas I have are: Make the UserCP experience and all those non-public... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
books(3)							       Coin								  books(3)

NAME
books - Books Related to Open Inventor / Coin Here is a list of some of the better books for people that invested in software development with Open Inventor. If you have suggestions for additional books that ought to go on this list, please feel free to tell us about it. The Inventor Mentor (subtitle 'Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor') This is an excellently written, detailed, tutorial-style introductory book for Open Inventor that takes you through all the fundamental design principles applied in the Open Inventor API, richly illustrated and with numerous, well documented code examples. The Inventor Mentor is getting a bit old, but do not let that put you off. It is as valid today as it was the day it was written, and we heartily recommend this book for anyone learning to use Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62495-8. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Inventor Toolmaker This book explains how Open Inventor was designed for being extended by the users, and walks you through how to develop your own components that work with all aspects of Coin. ISBN 0-201-62493-1. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Annotated VRML2.0 Reference Manual This book covers the VRML97 (aka VRML 2.0) standard, which Coin has implemented with its Inventor/VRMLnodes/* classes, which is an extension made beyond the Open Inventor V2.1 API. The VRML97 format has some significant differences from the Inventor and VRML1 formats, so it is a useful book if you want to use that part of Coin. ISBN 0-201-41974-2. You will find the specification documents for VRML97 online at http://www.web3d.org/. The Open GL Programming Manual This is the bible when it comes to OpenGL programming and is relevant for Open Inventor extenders that develop new nodes that implement or affect Open Inventor OpenGL rendering. There are many editions of this book since it is updated whenever new versions of OpenGL are standardized and comes out, so check that you have identified the latest edition if you order one. The Open Inventor C++ Reference Manual Although this book is directly relevant for Open Inventor, it does only cover the Open Inventor 2.1 API. This information is more or less also covered in the online doxygen doc for Coin, where you have it hyperlinked, and can also be generated offline from the Coin sources to have locally, so we do not think this book is very useful to have in print. We mention it anyway since it is an official documentation book for Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62491-5. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 books(3)