Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Proxy Server and SFTP routing Post 302787473 by mallayanala on Friday 29th of March 2013 04:58:37 PM
Old 03-29-2013
Proxy Server and SFTP routing

Hi Friends,

I am trying to connect to remote server via proxy server and transfer files from my server .

the proxy server is windows.

I wanted to know is that is it possible?

I am using command to connect is

Code:
/usr/local/bin/sftp -o "ProxyCommand nc proxyserver.com 8080"(E-Mail address blocked: See forum rules) 22

Could some one tell me whether above command is valid?

Could someone please share the command to connect to remote server via proxy?

Thanks,
Reddy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

routing through a proxy server

I'm new to this forum, so please be gentle ! I need to get my IBM RS running AIX4.3 onto the internet to a particular ftp server, through a NT server running proxy services. This NT server is directly connected to our internet router vis a secondary NIC on the NT server. When I add the route... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix server behind MS proxy server

I'm trying to get a Unix server on the internet (mostly for DNS requests) but this server is on a network behind a Proxy server. How can I configure my unix server that he will pass the proxy server for internet requests? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSlegers
2 Replies

3. Linux

how to get IP for proxy server

i have installed a proxy server on my linux box . how to get the IP for that proxy . cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Connessione con client SFTP via Proxy

Ciao a tutti, ho l'esigenza di collegarmi in SFTP (client Winscp) ad una macchina solaris che vedo attraverso un'altra macchina solaris. Come configuro la connessione ? Sulla macchina diretta non ho problemi mentre sulla remota non so come configurare i parametri per utilizzare la diretta come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyred
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Routing Emails, Sun One Messaging Server

Hello, i have Sun one Messaging Server 6.3 Up and running, i want to route emails that are destined to a certain email address, let's say test@mydomain.com through the tcp_local channel for example, to another email, and not allowing test@mydomain.com to receive them. So in short, i want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemonshare
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX SFTP through MS ISA proxy

Dear all, I have some files to move to an SFTP server that someone else is providing on the public internet. The source for the file is on AIX, and although I have the sftp client installed, I'm stuck. The process would be automated (probably ksh script or perhaps as a C executable) so there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable all operations to use a proxy server , redhat server

Hi, i would like to enable all operations/connections to use a proxy server in a redhat server , witch file should i config to get this for all conections .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

10. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)					   User Commands				       ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)

NAME
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect - Secure Shell proxy for SOCKS5 SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect [-h socks5_proxy_host] [-p socks5_proxy_port] connect_host connect_port DESCRIPTION
A proxy command for ssh(1) that uses SOCKS5 (RFC 1928). Typical use is where connections external to a network are only allowed via a socks gateway server. This proxy command does not provide any of the SOCKS5 authentication mechanisms defined in RFC 1928. Only anonymous connections are possi- ble. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h socks5_proxy_host Specifies the proxy web server through which to connect. Overrides the SOCKS5_SERVER environment variable. -p socks5_proxy_port Specifies the port on which the proxy web server runs. If not specified, port 80 is assumed. Overrides the SOCKS5_PORT environment variable. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: socks5_proxy_host The host name or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the proxy. socks5_proxy_port The numeric port number to connect to on socks5_proxy_host. connect_host The name of the remote host to which the socks gateway is to connect you. connect_port The numeric port number of the socks gateway to connect you to on connect_host. EXAMPLES
The recommended way to use a proxy connection command is to configure the ProxyCommand in ssh_config(4) (see Example 1 and Example 2). Example 3 shows how the proxy command can be specified on the command line when running ssh(1). Example 1 Setting the proxy from the environment The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) when the proxy is set from the environment: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect playtime.foo.com 22 Example 2 Overriding proxy environment variables The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) to override (or if not set) proxy environment variables: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22 Example 3 Using the command line The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect from the ssh(1) command line: example$ ssh -o'ProxyCommand=/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22' playtime.foo.com ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SOCKS5_SERVER Takes socks5_proxy_host operand to specify the default proxy host. SOCKS5_PORT Takes socks5_proxy_port operand to specify the default proxy port. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-http-proxy-connect(1), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2002 ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)