Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and compare files from two paths Post 302786783 by Optimus81 on Thursday 28th of March 2013 07:54:15 AM
Old 03-28-2013
Thanks DGPickett. Am notsure what change needs to be done for the above script. I did tried them by changing head1 to oldfile path and head2 newfile path.

Could you please correct me.
Code:
diff -U0 <(
cd /usr/config_check/oldfiles/
find * -type f | sort ) <(
cd /usr/config_check/newfile/
find * -type f | sort ) | while read diff_ind cksum sz path
do
case "$diff_ind" in
(-)
echo "Deleted file '$path'."
;;
(+)
echo "New file '$path':"
cat head2/$path
;;
(*)
echo "Changed file '$path':"
sdiff /usr/config_check/oldfiles/$path /usr/config_check/newfile/$path
;;
esac
done

After running above script, i get this error
Code:
root@att02 # ./cfile.sh
Changed file '':
sdiff: Cannot open: /usr/config_check/oldfiles//newfile/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search & compare paragraphs between two files

Hello Guys, Greetings to All. I am stuck in my work here today while trying to comapre paragraphs between two files, I need your help on urgent basis, without your inputs I can not proceed. Kindly find some time to answer my question, I'll be grateful to you for ever. My detailed issue is as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
10 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to display paths of files in a directory

hi guys does anyone know how to display the file paths of the files stored within a directory at the command terminal? e.g. if i have a directory called "home", how do i display the file paths of the files inside the directory? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Villaman69
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Search environment variables for paths

Hi, I am using the HP machine at the moment and by default I have been setup with the kron shell i.e. my home profile is .kshrc I would like to access a program anywhere on the system so I have added a path and created an environment variable like this: export myvarpath=/a/abc/def/ghij... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and search keyword and print output

You have two files to compare by searching keyword from one file into another file File A 23 >pp_ANSWER 24 >aa hello 25 >jau head wear 66 >jss oops 872 >aqq olps ploww oww sss 722 >GG_KILLER ..... large files File B Beta done KILLER John Mayor calix meyers ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search compare and determine duplicate files

Hi May i ask if someone know a package that will search a directory recursively and compare determine duplicate files according to each filename, date modified or any attributes that will determine its duplicity If none where should i start or what are those command in shell scripting that... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining file size for a list of files with paths

Hello, I have a flat file with a list of files with the path to the file and I am attempting to calculate the filesize for each one; however xargs isn't playing nicely and I am sure there is probably a better way of doing this. What I envisioned is this: cat filename|xargs -i ls -l {} |awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe8mofo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Change name of files to their paths -- find loop

Dear All, I have many sub-folders but each of them have a file with same name but different data. I want to either move or copy them into a new folder but they need to have the path of where they are coming as part of their name... I have managed to find the files but dont know how to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for string in a file then compare it with excel files entry

All, i have a file text.log: cover6 cover3 cover2 cover4 other file is abc.log as : 0 0 1 0 Then I have a excel file result.xls that contains: Name Path Pass cover2 cover3 cover6 cover4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for linking files with paths in 2 text files

I have 2 txt files, 1.txt and 2.txt which contain the paths to files that need to be linked. Example 1.txt: /root/001/folder2/image4.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image4.nii.gz Example 2.txt: /root/001/folder2/image5.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image5.nii.gz Each line represents images from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
7 Replies
LIBNETCFG(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      LIBNETCFG(1)

NAME
libnetcfg - configure libnet DESCRIPTION
The libnetcfg utility can be used to configure the libnet. Starting from perl 5.8 libnet is part of the standard Perl distribution, but the libnetcfg can be used for any libnet installation. USAGE
Without arguments libnetcfg displays the current configuration. $ libnetcfg # old config ./libnet.cfg daytime_hosts ntp1.none.such ftp_int_passive 0 ftp_testhost ftp.funet.fi inet_domain none.such nntp_hosts nntp.none.such ph_hosts pop3_hosts pop.none.such smtp_hosts smtp.none.such snpp_hosts test_exist 1 test_hosts 1 time_hosts ntp.none.such # libnetcfg -h for help $ It tells where the old configuration file was found (if found). The "-h" option will show a usage message. To change the configuration you will need to use either the "-c" or the "-d" options. The default name of the old configuration file is by default "libnet.cfg", unless otherwise specified using the -i option, "-i oldfile", and it is searched first from the current directory, and then from your module path. The default name of the new configuration file is "libnet.cfg", and by default it is written to the current directory, unless otherwise specified using the -o option, "-o newfile". SEE ALSO
Net::Config, Net::libnetFAQ AUTHORS
Graham Barr, the original Configure script of libnet. Jarkko Hietaniemi, conversion into libnetcfg for inclusion into Perl 5.8. perl v5.12.4 2013-03-18 LIBNETCFG(1)