Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New bee in the market.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New bee in the market. Post 302786567 by jimmy666 on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 06:16:22 PM
Old 03-27-2013
So what'd you suggest VBE ? That i should stick to it no matter how long how i'd have to wait ,if yes then what stepping stones i should undertake to shorten up the waiting period as its already been 1 year for me. Is the fundamentals of unix enough to face interviews ? what'd be the expectations from a freshers with no experience and no certifications ?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question on the unix market

Does anyone have an idea of what the installed base of UNIX servers is? I'm especially interested in UNIX email servers. If anyone knows where I can go to get this sort of information, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tshore
1 Replies

2. AIX

How big is the AIX market?

Does anyone have any info on the actual size of the global AIX market is in terms of physical machines (RS/6000, pSeries, System p, IBMp)? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elias
8 Replies
drv_usecwait(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					  drv_usecwait(9F)

NAME
drv_usecwait - busy-wait for specified interval SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> void drv_usecwait(clock_t microsecs); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
microsecs The number of microseconds to busy-wait. DESCRIPTION
The drv_usecwait() function gives drivers a means of busy-waiting for a specified microsecond count. The amount of time spent busy-waiting may be greater than the microsecond count but will minimally be the number of microseconds specified. delay(9F) can be used by a driver to delay for a specified number of system ticks, but it has two limitations. First, the granularity of the wait time is limited to one clock tick, which may be more time than is needed for the delay. Second, delay(9F) can be invoked from user or kernel context and hence cannot be used at interrupt time or system initialization. Often, drivers need to delay for only a few microseconds, waiting for a write to a device register to be picked up by the device. In this case, even in user context, delay(9F) produces too long a wait period. CONTEXT
The drv_usecwait() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. SEE ALSO
delay(9F), timeout(9F), untimeout(9F) Writing Device Drivers NOTES
The driver wastes processor time by making this call since drv_usecwait() does not block but simply busy-waits. The driver should only make calls to drv_usecwait() as needed, and only for as much time as needed. The drv_usecwait() function does not mask out interrupts. SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 drv_usecwait(9F)