Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New bee in the market.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New bee in the market. Post 302786383 by vbe on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 10:54:39 AM
Old 03-27-2013
My 2 cents:
people looking for sysadm want people with experience...having certifications can help but it will not be equivalent. I when got my diploma was in the same situation... I accepted a "stage" of 2 years without salary ( because of my age at the time I had to get into working world at any cost...), but after I had 2 years experience... and when I was thinking of leaving, got a contract...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question on the unix market

Does anyone have an idea of what the installed base of UNIX servers is? I'm especially interested in UNIX email servers. If anyone knows where I can go to get this sort of information, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tshore
1 Replies

2. AIX

How big is the AIX market?

Does anyone have any info on the actual size of the global AIX market is in terms of physical machines (RS/6000, pSeries, System p, IBMp)? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elias
8 Replies
people(2)							System Calls Manual							 people(2)

NAME
people - fetch a structure containing all ttys, whose owner behaves like a human SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/people.h> #include <asr.h> int people (struct ppl_tty **ttys); DESCRIPTION
The people function fetches a short description of every tty, whose coupled process behaves as an actual human. It returns a newly malloc'ed array with just enough elements to contain all elements needed for this. The struct ppl_tty is declared as: struct ppl_tty { char tty_path[MAX_PATH_LENGTH]; int is_erratic; int uses_jobcontrol; int is_amoron; int is_aluser; int has_aclue; pid_t pgrp_leader; }; RETURN VALUES
On success people returns the number of elements in ttys , on failure it returns -1 and errno is set to an appropriate value. ERRORS
ENOENT There are no human-behavioured processes on the system EBUSY The kernel is busy and will not stand this silly behaviour. Caution to call people again, from the same process, as the kernel might kill it right away. ENODEV See ENOENT above. EUSERS Too many of the people found were lusers. The cut-off for this error is system dependent, but is usually about 3. EXAMPLE
#include <sys/people.h> #include <asr.h> #include <signal.h> int main (int argc, char **argv) { struct ppl_tty **ttys; int rv,c; rv=people(ttys); if (rv!=-1) { for (c=0;c<rv;c++) if ((ttys[c].is_amoron)||(ttys[c].is_aluser)) { kill(-(ttys[c].pgrp_leader),SIGKILL); } } else { ; /* Handle errors in a graceful way... */ } } AUTHOR
This man page was written by Ingvar Mattsson, as a contribution to the a.s.r man page collection. 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 0.01 alpha people(2)