Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find users in 24 hour
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find users in 24 hour Post 302786367 by DGPickett on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 10:28:36 AM
Old 03-27-2013
I noticed that who missed my terminals, so I went to counting tty's:
Code:
$ ps -el|awk '{print $12}'|sort -u|egrep -vc '\?|TTY|console'
$

Collect the data maybe put it in an RDBMS, as you can expect they will want to know when/what is the low, what is the trend, ....

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl find directory only if modified in last hour

I want a one liner perl command to find a directory only if the modified time is within the last hour I am running this on windows - and I will define a variable for the result. So for example I want to return value of 1 for the variable if the modified time of d:\test1 is within the last... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Find any spike in CPU usage a hour ago

Folks, I need to find out from the system logs ( or elsewhere ) if the CPU utilization reached say 90% an hour ago from now. Is there a way out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavera
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files modified in last hour sunOS 5.10

trying to find a way to locate files modified in the last hour in a shell script, unfortunately the command 'find . -mmin -60' is not supported on SunOS 5.10 (works on OpenSolaris 5.11 :mad:) Does anyone know a method of doing this in shell script on 5.10? cheers (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP UNIX: How to find files which are older than one hour.

HP Unix Version: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 Question I look for script or command to find files which are older than one hour. Tried below; # set the file time to 1 hours ago touch -t 201307160700 ./touchfile find /app/grid/product/11.2.0.3/rdbms/audit -name '*.aud' -type f ! -newer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List last 1 hour files with out FIND command

Hi Friends, Can we have an alternate command to list last 1hour files with out FIND command? Thanks Suresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the files created within one hour in Solaris?

Hi Gurus, I want to find the file created within one hour in solaris. I have tried below command, but it is no lucky. $find . -mtime -1/24, -name "abc*" above command give me the file name which created two hours ago find . -cmin -60, -name "abc*" above command I got error as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find files older than 1 hour

Hi, Out of a list of files in a directory, I want to find the files which were created/modified more than 1 hour ago. I am using HP -UNIX and it does not support the argument -mmin. Please advise. I am using # !/bin/sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
4 Replies
finger(1)						      General Commands Manual							 finger(1)

Name
       finger - print user finger information

Syntax
       finger [options] [name...]

Description
       By  default,  lists  the login name, full name, terminal name and write status, idle time, login time, and office location and phone number
       for each current ULTRIX user.  Terminal write status is noted as an asterisk (*) before the terminal name if write  permission  is  denied.
       Idle  time is given in minutes if the listing shows a single integer, hours and minutes if a colon (:) is present, or days and hours if a d
       is present.

A longer format also exists and is used by whenever a list of people's names is given.  (Account names as well as first and last  names	of
       users  are  accepted.) This format is multi-line, and includes all the information described above as well as the user's home directory and
       login shell.  Additionally, it displays the information contained in the files .plan and .project, both of which are located in the  user's
       home directory.	If no list is given, all the people currently logged in are shown.

The  command  may  be used to look up users on a remote machine.  The format is to specify the user as user@host.  If the user name is left
       off, the standard format listing is provided on the remote machine.

Options
       -b   Displays a briefer long form list of users.

-f   Disables printing of headers for short and quick outputs.

-h   Suppresses printing of the .project file.

-i   Displays list of users with idle times.

-l   Displays output in long format.

-m   Matches arguments only on user name.

-p   Suppresses printing of the .plan file.

-q   Displays list of users.

-s   Displays output in short format.

-w   Displays narrow short format of specified users.

Restrictions
       Only the first line of the .project file is printed.

The user's or file cannot be a link to another file.  If either of these files is something other than a regular file, it will be ignored.

Files
       Who file

User information

Last login times

Plans

Projects

See Also
       chfn(1), w(1), who(1), fingerd(8c)

finger(1)