Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Returns points of an ellipse
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Returns points of an ellipse Post 302786191 by saeed.soltani on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 04:49:05 AM
Old 03-27-2013
yes, it's a 3d ellipse and i want to draw it in a 2D plane. [in three 2D plane, XY,XZ,YZ]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

sometimes in Solaris 8 when I go to mount filesystems using either the mount command or by editing the /etc/vfstab, i get a nice little error message saying the the number of allowable mount points has been exceeded. I have read man pages until I am blue in the face and no where can I find what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar using mount points

hi i tried to tar a directory in my server but it show ensufficient space. therefore i tried to save it to a mount point using tar /mountpoint/newfilename file2btar but it gives me permission denied. i am using the root account to do this. is it possible to tar files and put it to mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get entries between two points

Hi, I am trying to write a script to get entries between two points lets say start and end points from a log file, the log file time format is as follows Start - 07/Aug/2008:18:26:43 End - 07/Aug/2008:19:36:43 I tried using the following awk command but it couldnt pick up the entries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: openspark
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

hi, I believe a mount point does not have to be a physical disk, but rather a logical one? Is this correct? if so, how can I find out if my mount points are on different physical disks? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Points?

Has any thought been given to assigning points to threads much in the way the HP ITRC forums do? This might not be possible, just a thought. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: candlejack
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregated points

Combine points of specific key (a1) based on user defined size (lets say 200 in this example). so a1 191 and 191+200 and sum of all the values (4th column) and vice versa... Thanx a bunch! a1 191 201 1 a1 201 211 2 a1 211 221 1 a1 ....... .... a2......... ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mount Points? How?

Hi folks, I have been asked to performed the following: Add the following new moint points systemA:/avp and SystemB:/usr/sap/trans to be the new linux server ZZZ How can I add those mount points and how those mount points can become another linuz server?:wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with decimal points

Hi All, I would like to set decimal point to 16 in the following bash script but it has syntax error at }: awk '{printf"%.16e", (a<500,a++,$1/(a*1.1212121212121229e-02))}' input.dat >output.datHow may I set it in the correct way please? Thank you very much! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sxiong
6 Replies
slasr.f(3)							      LAPACK								slasr.f(3)

NAME
slasr.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slasr (SIDE, PIVOT, DIRECT, M, N, C, S, A, LDA) SLASR Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slasr (characterSIDE, characterPIVOT, characterDIRECT, integerM, integerN, real, dimension( * )C, real, dimension( * )S, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA) SLASR Purpose: SLASR applies a sequence of plane rotations to a real matrix A, from either the left or the right. When SIDE = 'L', the transformation takes the form A := P*A and when SIDE = 'R', the transformation takes the form A := A*P**T where P is an orthogonal matrix consisting of a sequence of z plane rotations, with z = M when SIDE = 'L' and z = N when SIDE = 'R', and P**T is the transpose of P. When DIRECT = 'F' (Forward sequence), then P = P(z-1) * ... * P(2) * P(1) and when DIRECT = 'B' (Backward sequence), then P = P(1) * P(2) * ... * P(z-1) where P(k) is a plane rotation matrix defined by the 2-by-2 rotation R(k) = ( c(k) s(k) ) = ( -s(k) c(k) ). When PIVOT = 'V' (Variable pivot), the rotation is performed for the plane (k,k+1), i.e., P(k) has the form P(k) = ( 1 ) ( ... ) ( 1 ) ( c(k) s(k) ) ( -s(k) c(k) ) ( 1 ) ( ... ) ( 1 ) where R(k) appears as a rank-2 modification to the identity matrix in rows and columns k and k+1. When PIVOT = 'T' (Top pivot), the rotation is performed for the plane (1,k+1), so P(k) has the form P(k) = ( c(k) s(k) ) ( 1 ) ( ... ) ( 1 ) ( -s(k) c(k) ) ( 1 ) ( ... ) ( 1 ) where R(k) appears in rows and columns 1 and k+1. Similarly, when PIVOT = 'B' (Bottom pivot), the rotation is performed for the plane (k,z), giving P(k) the form P(k) = ( 1 ) ( ... ) ( 1 ) ( c(k) s(k) ) ( 1 ) ( ... ) ( 1 ) ( -s(k) c(k) ) where R(k) appears in rows and columns k and z. The rotations are performed without ever forming P(k) explicitly. Parameters: SIDE SIDE is CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the plane rotation matrix P is applied to A on the left or the right. = 'L': Left, compute A := P*A = 'R': Right, compute A:= A*P**T PIVOT PIVOT is CHARACTER*1 Specifies the plane for which P(k) is a plane rotation matrix. = 'V': Variable pivot, the plane (k,k+1) = 'T': Top pivot, the plane (1,k+1) = 'B': Bottom pivot, the plane (k,z) DIRECT DIRECT is CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether P is a forward or backward sequence of plane rotations. = 'F': Forward, P = P(z-1)*...*P(2)*P(1) = 'B': Backward, P = P(1)*P(2)*...*P(z-1) M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. If m <= 1, an immediate return is effected. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. If n <= 1, an immediate return is effected. C C is REAL array, dimension (M-1) if SIDE = 'L' (N-1) if SIDE = 'R' The cosines c(k) of the plane rotations. S S is REAL array, dimension (M-1) if SIDE = 'L' (N-1) if SIDE = 'R' The sines s(k) of the plane rotations. The 2-by-2 plane rotation part of the matrix P(k), R(k), has the form R(k) = ( c(k) s(k) ) ( -s(k) c(k) ). A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) The M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A is overwritten by P*A if SIDE = 'R' or by A*P**T if SIDE = 'L'. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 200 of file slasr.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slasr.f(3)