Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Randomly selecting sequences and generating specific output files Post 302786129 by hanson44 on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 01:25:56 AM
Old 03-27-2013
Is your heart set on awk? Would you consider a shell script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files of specific size

I've been working on getting a script to take size, dir name and file name variables from an input file and creating the same dir structure along with the file of specific size. An example of the input file: size/dirname/filename 2100/JAN_06/12345ABC.TCC 2354/FEB_06/24564XYZ.NOS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nxd25
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

randomly renaming files

I have a directory of files that look like filename 001.ext, filename 002.ext, etc. I'd like to rename the files with unique random numbered names, so that the original filenames are stripped and the files are given a new, random number name. I'm not super new to UNIX, but I don't often use it for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Selecting specific files based on 'date stamp' values

Hi, I've list of files in a directory, which have date stamp value in their names. ex: abc_data_20071102.csv, abc_data_20091221.csv, abc_data_20100110.csv, abc_data_20100222.csv, abc_data_20080620.csv,... etc., I need to select and process only files, within the given date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming sequences based on specific pattern

My files look like this And I need to cut the sequences at the last "A" found in the following 'pattern' -highlighted for easier identification, the pattern is the actual file is not highlighted. The expected result should look like this Thus, all the sequences would end with AGCCCTA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing specific sequences from file

My file looks like this But I need to remove the entry with the identifier >Reference1 along with the entire sequence. Thus, I will end up having the following file Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting specific line using awk

Hi, I would like to get the specific line from the file taking specific coloumn as reference. Thanks and Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkarthik_kaja
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting sequences based on scores

I have two files with thousands of sequences of different lengths. infile1 contains the actual sequences and infile2 the scores for each A, T, G and C in infile1. Something like this: infile1: >HZVJKYI01ECH5R TTGATGTGCCAGCTGCCGTTGGTGTGCCAA >HZVJKYI01AQWJ8 GGATATGATGATGAACTGGTTTGGCACACC... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with selecting files from "diff" output

I have two directories Dir_A and Dir_A_Arc. Need help with a shell script. The shell script needs to take the path to these two directories as parameters $1 and $2. The script needs to check if any files exist in these directories and if either of the directories are empty then exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split Command Generating Incomplete Output Files

Hello All, May i please know how do i ensure my split command would NOT generate incomplete output files like below, the last lines in each file is missing some columns or last line is complete. split -b 50GB File File_ File_aa |551|70210203|xxxxxxx|12/22/2010 20:44:58|11/01/2010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add specific bases at the beginning and ending of all the fasta sequences?

Hi, I have to add 7 bases of specific nucleotide at the beginning and ending of all the fasta sequences of a file. For example, I have a multi fasta file namely test.fasta as given below test.fasta >TalAA18_Xoo_CIAT_NZ_CP033194.1:_2936369-2939570:+1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)