Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in sending inputs to format command using expect Post 302786043 by chidori on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 05:50:37 PM
Old 03-26-2013
ok , i was able to fix that. btw. can you please let me know how to process pattern that is reptitive . for example

I am setting Free Hog paritition and i have to enter the size of each partition and it would be set to zero. should i create 7 expect function lines and each time send value 0 to it or is there any other way in expect tool ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mailx command when sending attachment.

Hi, I have tried to sent a mail with body and attachment. But the shell script got hanging while executing that command. The command is "(cat body;uuencode att1.csv)|mailx -s "Production Monitoring Report(Unix Side)" milton.yesusundaram@patni.com" where body is a file having a single line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the format of inputs in a file

Hi, I have a script that takes the contents of another file as inputs. Its assumed that there are 3 values in the input file that are seperated by '|'. I have to check in my script, whether the filed seperator used in the input file is '|' or not. If its not a '|' I have to print a error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

better format for sending mail

i am using a script to create a file which contains the mail to be sent.in every steo this file grts appended through out the script using several variables.now i want to convert it into html format so that the mail will have better look and feel and the font color and size can be changed. i tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with while reading HTML inputs

Hi All, I am not able to read my HTML form inputs properly in my script. I have a textarea in my form where user needs to enter sql query... but when user enter query like below : select * from order_queue where NUM_OF_PICKUP >=3 and TRANSACTION_TYPE=4 ; its coming like : select 171_arc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: run a command first before sending

Hello Expect experts, Is it possible with Expect to run a command first when an expected phrase is outputted by a spawned program? Before sending an answer to the spawned program that is... Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr00tY
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on sending inputs to a running application

Hi I need a help for below : I am running an application XXXX , and when it starts i am passing a file name called "connect.spb" and after the application connects to the server i am sending filename "accept.spb" as a parameter. DL385:$ ./XXXX This is XXXX (Reproducer by Order or RelaY) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkelect
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending test pass to a folder in expect

still new to this expect useing bach shell to cammand expect script i tink i have that right! i want to have the test im running upon every complted cycle copyed to a folder. cant seem to get it to work. Ive tryed log_file -a $globallogdir/deveoper.log proc dbglog {notsure what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melvin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script sending password with $ and symbols

All, I am trying to use expect to send SFTP password because I am unable to share a key with the vendor. They gave me a password that uses some symbols in it like $ and ! When i try to use the send command in expect it thinks the $ is a variable. Is there anyway to have it send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending content of a file in Expect

How Can I send the content of a file in Expect? Do I have to use cat command in a way? if yes how? lets say my file is called 1.txt. example: expect "Enter command to send:" {send "???? \r"} ???? --> content of the file 1.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies
u3-tool(1)						      General Commands Manual							u3-tool(1)

NAME
u3-tool - Tool for controlling the special features of an U3 USB Flash disk. SYNOPSIS
u3-tool [-cdDehiRuvV] [-l cd image ] [-p cd size ] device DESCRIPTION
This tool can be used to control some of the special features of U3 Flash disks. OPTIONS
-c Change current password. -d Disable device security leaving the data intact. The current password is required to perform this command. WARNING: this makes all current data files AND possibly also deleted data public. -D Dump all raw info(for debug) -e Enable device security, protecting all files currently on the data partition using a password. -h Print a short help message. -i Display device information. -l <cd image> Load a new CD image into the cd partition of the device. Make sure the cd partition is big enough to contain the file. Else you'll have to repartition the device using the '-p' option. -p <cd size> Repartition device, reassinging the device space between the cd and data partition. The argument specifies the size of the CD parti- tion. The rest of the device will be assigned to the data partition. The data partition needs reformating after this command has been issued. -R Reset device security destroying private data. This can be used if the device is blocked or the password is lost. -u Unlock secured data partition. This requires the current password. -v Use verbose output -V Print version information u3-tool(1)