Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in sending inputs to format command using expect Post 302786031 by DGPickett on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 05:02:46 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Is this running over any medium that might add delay, that a line with no linefeed might hang up? Try also expecting the '[disk formatted]' line, as early input will not be lost.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mailx command when sending attachment.

Hi, I have tried to sent a mail with body and attachment. But the shell script got hanging while executing that command. The command is "(cat body;uuencode att1.csv)|mailx -s "Production Monitoring Report(Unix Side)" milton.yesusundaram@patni.com" where body is a file having a single line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the format of inputs in a file

Hi, I have a script that takes the contents of another file as inputs. Its assumed that there are 3 values in the input file that are seperated by '|'. I have to check in my script, whether the filed seperator used in the input file is '|' or not. If its not a '|' I have to print a error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

better format for sending mail

i am using a script to create a file which contains the mail to be sent.in every steo this file grts appended through out the script using several variables.now i want to convert it into html format so that the mail will have better look and feel and the font color and size can be changed. i tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with while reading HTML inputs

Hi All, I am not able to read my HTML form inputs properly in my script. I have a textarea in my form where user needs to enter sql query... but when user enter query like below : select * from order_queue where NUM_OF_PICKUP >=3 and TRANSACTION_TYPE=4 ; its coming like : select 171_arc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: run a command first before sending

Hello Expect experts, Is it possible with Expect to run a command first when an expected phrase is outputted by a spawned program? Before sending an answer to the spawned program that is... Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr00tY
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on sending inputs to a running application

Hi I need a help for below : I am running an application XXXX , and when it starts i am passing a file name called "connect.spb" and after the application connects to the server i am sending filename "accept.spb" as a parameter. DL385:$ ./XXXX This is XXXX (Reproducer by Order or RelaY) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkelect
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending test pass to a folder in expect

still new to this expect useing bach shell to cammand expect script i tink i have that right! i want to have the test im running upon every complted cycle copyed to a folder. cant seem to get it to work. Ive tryed log_file -a $globallogdir/deveoper.log proc dbglog {notsure what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melvin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script sending password with $ and symbols

All, I am trying to use expect to send SFTP password because I am unable to share a key with the vendor. They gave me a password that uses some symbols in it like $ and ! When i try to use the send command in expect it thinks the $ is a variable. Is there anyway to have it send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending content of a file in Expect

How Can I send the content of a file in Expect? Do I have to use cat command in a way? if yes how? lets say my file is called 1.txt. example: expect "Enter command to send:" {send "???? \r"} ???? --> content of the file 1.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies
vxdiskadd(1M)															     vxdiskadd(1M)

NAME
vxdiskadd - add one or more disks for use with Veritas Volume Manager SYNOPSIS
vxdiskadd disk_address_pattern_list DESCRIPTION
The vxdiskadd utility configures disks for use by Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). Disks must already have been formatted. vxdiskadd prompts the user for a disk group name and disk name for the disks. If no disk group name specified, the disks will be left as unassigned replacement disks for future use. A new disk group may be created that will become the disks' disk group. If a disk group is specified for the disks, the user is prompted for whether the disks should be designated as spares for the disk group. For new disks, all space on the disk becomes free space in the disk's disk group. vxdiskadd interactively allows initialization to be done for all the disks specified or allows the user to ask to make the decision for each disk individually. One or more disks may be specified with a disk_address_pattern_list. The basic form of a disk address is c#t#d#. Any leading portion of this address may be specified to indicate that all disks that match that leading portion should be used. For example c2t0 may be used to specify all disks on controller 2, target 0. More than one disk address or address pattern may be specified on the command line. In case of enclosure-based names, the disk address will be of the form enclosurename_diskno. The enclosurename indicates that all disks in the specified enclosure are used. For example, emc1_ is used to specify all disks in the enclosure emc1. The word all may be used to specify all disks on the system. Disk address names relate directly to device node names in the /dev/dmp and /dev/rdmp directories. Here are more examples: all: all disks c3 c4t2: all disks on controller 3 and controller 4, target 2 c3t4d2: a single disk (in the c#t#d# naming scheme) xyz_0 : a single disk (in the enclosure based naming scheme) xyz_ : all disks on the enclosure whose name is xyz The files /etc/vx/cntrls.exclude, /etc/vx/disks.exclude and /etc/vx/enclr.exclude may be used to exclude controllers or disks from use by vxdiskadd. Each line of cntrls.exclude specifies the address of a controller to exclude, for example, c2. Each line of disks.exclude spec- ifies a disk to exclude, for example, c0t3d0. Each line of enclr.exclude specifies the name of an enclosure to exclude, for example, enc0. All courses of action that do not involve clear failure conditions require prompts from the user, with defaults supplied as appropriate. Help is made available at every prompt. Entering ? in response to a prompt displays a context-sensitive help message. OPERATIONS
Reconnecting a drive that was temporarily inaccessible This situation is detected automatically by noting that the specified drive has a disk ID that matches a disk media record with no currently associated physical disk. After reconnection, any stale plexes referring the disk are reattached, and any stopped volumes referring the disk are restarted. This reattach action is performed by calling the vxrecover utility. Initialization of a disk with reserved regions Initialization of the disk is performed by calling vxdisksetup. Adding a disk to an existing disk group This operation can be performed independently of the initialization of the disk drive. The operation adds the disk to the group so that its storage is added to the free space pool in that disk group. The vxassist utility can subsequently allocate from that free space. Creation of new disk groups in which to import a new disk If disks are added that are required to be put into a disk group that does not exist, the option of creating the disk group is offered. Hardware-Specific Note Some environments provide guidelines to optimize VxVM's interaction with intelligent storage systems. If these guidelines are present, VxVM follows the guidelines when adding disks to disk groups. If the operation fails due to these guideline(s), you are prompted to use the force option. The force option ignores any such storage-specific guidelines. FILES
/etc/vx/cntrls.exclude Specifies the address of controllers to exclude from vxdiskadd operations. /etc/vx/disks.exclude Specifies the address of disks to exclude from vxdiskadd operations. /etc/vx/enclr.exclude Specifies the address of enclosures to exclude from vxdiskadd operations. NOTES
EFI disks cannot be added to a disk group that is compatible with the Cross-platform Data Sharing (CDS) feature, nor can they be formatted as CDS disks. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxdisksetup(1M), vxintro(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdiskadd(1M)