Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need steps for Netbackup Update from 7.1 to 7.5 Post 302786019 by bitlord on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 04:43:00 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Hello,
I would post your question on the Symantec site. I have a support contract with Symantec and the Symantec forum gets me an answer before the techs even get to my ticket. Link below.

NetBackup Forums | Symantec Connect Community
This User Gave Thanks to bitlord For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup question

Hello, I am setting up scripts to do shadow image backups but have found a pitfall I cannot figure out how to work around. Basically what I need to figure out is how to launch a bunch of bpbackups, and then have the script pause until all of the children have exited. The problem is that bpbackup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Netbackup on Solaris 8

Hi, Anyone know netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8 . Currently I use root to perform backup / monitoring ...etc . Can I create a user call "backup" and perform the same task What permission should I give the "backup" user . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Netbackup Installation

Hello all. I have a HP-UX 11.11 system that I need to install Netbackup 6.5 onto. After I mount the cd drive and run the 'install' command, it comes back with the following error: usage: install file WHAT options is it talking about? When I look at the documentation from Netbackup, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup Questions

I have 2 questions maybe those netbackup experts and gurus in the house can help. Firstly, is there a particular location maybe under /usr/openv where I can find a diretory or file which contains all the backup policy information, so lets say If someone were to physically delete all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup 6 Question

What is the command to find out if a policy has been run and if it has the date it was last run? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
0 Replies

7. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

8. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update New Steps for UNIX.com

Dear Everyone, Thank you for all the great comments, feedback and patience during our recent modernization efforts at unix.com. Now, I need to decide where to go next, as we move into the next phase. Some of the ideas I have are: Make the UserCP experience and all those non-public... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)