Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Case statement not working as expected Post 302785987 by Michael Stora on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 03:52:27 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Will do, thanks.

Mike

edit: works fine

Last edited by Michael Stora; 03-26-2013 at 05:35 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, is it possible to create a 'dynamic' case statement. ie select option in `ls` do case satement depending on results of the above `ls` done I hope I have explained this ok! Thanks Helen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

which not working as expected

Hello. Consider the following magic words: # ls `which adduser` ls: /usr/sbin/adduser: No such file or directory # Hmmm... Then: # ls /usr/sbin/adduser /usr/sbin/adduser # Now what? Unforunately this little sniippet is used in my debian woody server's mysql pre install script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osee
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CASE statement

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. My script has a few user defined parameters. When the script runs the first thing it does is make sure that these parameters are valid. One of the parameters is called YEAR. A valid input for YEAR can be 1997-2000. One way I have come up with to ensure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi, I am writing case statement to execute some finction, my requirement is once one of the case statement is executed again it has to prompt for the option. for script in `echo "$Script_Selected"` do case $script in 1) getNoOFActUsers ;; 2) moveServerrOORotation ;; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why this is not working in expected way?

total=0 seq 1 5 | while read i ; do total=$(($total+$i)) echo $total done echo $totalThis outputs: 1 3 6 10 15 0whereas I am expecting: 1 3 6 10 15 15My bash version: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk is Printing folders with only numbers as expected. But can't explain 'total' statement.

I am trying to get folder names that contain only numbers. Can someone explain why following command is printing 'total 450' as part of output.. $> ls -lt | awk '$9 ~ /^*$/' | more total 450 drwxr-x--x 3 user1 group1 512 Mar 9 2008 329227163 drwxr-x--x 3 user1 group1 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case statement

Hello, The standard case statement :- case "$1" in "IE0263") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac is it possible to have :- case "$1" in "IE0263" OR "IE0878") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with [[ ]] and regex not working as expected

Using BASH: $ if -- ::00" ]]; then echo "true"; else echo "false"; fi false Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement fails with integer expression expected

Below is what i have in my script. htcount=$(curl -s --user tomcatstatus:tomcatstatus http://`hostname`.mypc.com:887/manager/jmxproxy?qry=Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name=\"http-nio-887\" |grep sBusy | cut -d ' ' -f2) echo $htcount if ; then echo "more than 10" else echo "Less than 10" fi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash read input in case statement not working as expected

I'm having an issue with bash read input when using a case statement. The script halts and doesn't read the input on the first loop. if I hit enter then the scripts starts to respond as expected. Need some help here. defaultans=8hrs read -e -i $defaultans -p "${bldwht}How long would you like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
5 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)