Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Python script not working in batch process Post 302785977 by DGPickett on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 03:33:25 PM
Old 03-26-2013
  • Batch processes suggest that there might not be any controlling terminal, which throws some commands off, for instance, some sorts of ps calls: Man Page for ps (opensolaris Section 1) - The UNIX and Linux Forums
  • Parts of openssl can be very sensitive to file permissions and ownership, where other users have not got the same, functional .ssh* directory.
  • Another user suggests the environment is not compatible, and you may need to embed some environment setting code into your app to make it robust. Python may have additional environmental support needs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to read batch process but need some command help

I am trying to access batch process that take place each nite. I am using Solaris 5.8 (and i am used to redhat). however I am trying to access say a certain directory. The home/oradev , is the directory...in there i am trying to access say a batch file within this, how can see if they are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Prompt during batch script process

The script below performs an incremental database backup. When the increment backup is out of sequence, the process prompts the user: "Incremental backup out of sequece. Do you wish to continue? Y or N". This script is set to run as a scheduled process in background mode. When the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bond007jlv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing different jobs as a batch process

Hi All, I want to process consecutive jobs in a sequence but when I execute 1 job ,the control does not return to the command prompt to continue with the next job. Can anyone help me here? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Make to batch process files

Hello all, I have a make question, and I was hoping somebody here might be able to point me in the right direction. Here is my issue; I have a command-line tool that I use to run a conversion on an input XML file that results in an output binary file. However, this particular tool needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jujumbura
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in python to kill process by date

Hello everyone, First sorry for my english. I'm new in python and I want to create a script that allows the cleaning of a directory (/ tmp), files corresponds to a specific process according to the date. Steps: 1 - I have to find all processes of a program running, eg OpenOffice,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudoubens
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Script For Process Checking is NOT Working

Hello there ULF, Good day! Just want to share my code and as well as my problem on why I'm not getting the output that I want. My original code was: #!/usr/bin/sh echo echo -n "Please input an IP-Pool: " read ip echo echo "Please wait....."... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format not working in python script

Good Morning, I am working on a pyhton script, where it has to fetch a file from our vendor's server over an ftp. The file is having a date format of "MMDDYYYY" (i have included in my python script), but when the script is executed it is unable to fetch the file. At the same time, if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AReddy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP batch file suddenly stopped working

Hello, we have a UNIX system the runs our business data. We have 4 users that use a particular batch command file to extract data for use in the Windows side of the fence: (despreg.bat) ftp ftp> open danapak (database name) connected to danapak ftp> user ccsb password ccsb ftp>... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
29 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)