Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!! Post 302785945 by Wraith_G2IC on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 02:44:09 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Question Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here.

SERVER:
Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1
Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27
Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30
Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c
Note: All packages are from sunfreeware

For sake of simplicity:

/ldap/openLdapData
/ldap/openLdapLogs

In the logs directory there are 50m files that are being created every min, and filling up the 100GB of space on that filesystem. The file system is from a ZFS pool with a ZFS quota of 100GB (if any of that matters to anyone). I tried lowering the default logging level from 256 to 128+32+8=168 by placing entries in the slapd.conf file. Should those entries also be in the DB_CONFIG file as well. Also in the DB_CONFIG file is "set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE", but it is still doing it. I am tempted to go to 0, but I don't want to have to do that.

I have this same OS and software running on some T2000, T51xx, and T52xx series servers with no issues. I have configured hundreds of servers using these packages, and their predecessors. I have never seen this behavior before. There seems to be a lot of things different about the T4-1 that have made configuring this server a giant PITA.

Does anyone know what the issue is with this thing? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file system full

When I try to log in as root I get the following message realloccg /: file system full sendmail :NO Queue:low on space (have 0,SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) What should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopeless
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full File System

Hi All, There was a background process running on a Solaris 2.8 machine, and appeared to have filled all available disk-space. I done a killall, and upon re-booting found that the file system had filled up, and will not boot as normal as a result. For example, I'm getting /usr/adm/messages: No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Excessive Paging&Swapping!

Hi all! Working on Oracle v8i/9i on Unix Sun Solaris v8.0. I am experiencing excessive paging & Swapping.Would like to know the cause. I guess:could be due to inappropriate setting of Unix Kernel Parameters... Please correct me if I am wrong! Thanks&Regards, Amit. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amitstora
5 Replies

4. Solaris

File system full?

Hi, I just started working with UNIX on an old semi-fossilized Sun workstation which I use to process LOTS of images,however, I just started to get an error message that the file system is full and then my shell tool or/and text editor freeze up. Help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bend
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Full file system?

I read the sticky and thought of a script I use on a regular basis. Since unless you patch/upgrade the df command on solaris you have a very tought time teling how full the system truly is. Output looks like $ biggest.sh /tmp Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
0 Replies

6. Solaris

difference b/w sol9 & sol10

what is the difference b/w sol9 and sol10 booting procedure?? Recently faced this question with HP... Thiru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sol10 - OpenLDAP Auth

Hi, im new to Solaris (10) and need some help please. Situation: Actually is there a Linux (SLES11) OpenLDAP-Server and authentification of Linux-Maschines works pretty sweet. Now i want to put the SOL10 (Sparc) boxes in.... Problem: User Authentification via OpenLDAP on Sol10 doesn´t work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panzerkampfwagn
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL & OpenLDAP - file level backup

Hi All, The MySQL & OpenLDAP database on my Debian are very lightly updated. Usually I tar everything on / including the databases. The restore works OK on another machine. I want to know whether its safe to do file level backup of databases like this ? Do the MySQL & OpenLDAP databases... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol10 booting freezes just before CDE logging in.

Hello everyone, There is a problem with hardware installation. Probably someone faced with something similar. Sun Blade 1500 with OS Solaris 10 installed, CDE workspace. I can not add new graphics accelerator instead of older one. I think I installed all needed packages related the new card,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies
SLAPD-LDIF(5)							File Formats Manual						     SLAPD-LDIF(5)

NAME
slapd-ldif - LDIF backend to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The LDIF backend to slapd(8) is a basic storage backend that stores entries in text files in LDIF format, and exploits the filesystem to create the tree structure of the database. It is intended as a cheap, low performance easy to use backend, and it is exploited by higher- level internal structures to provide a permanent storage. CONFIGURATION
These slapd.conf options apply to the LDIF backend database. That is, they must follow a "database ldif" line and come before any subse- quent "backend" or "database" lines. Other database options are described in the slapd.conf(5) manual page. directory <dir> Specify the directory where the database tree starts. The directory must exist and grant appropriate permissions (rwx) to the iden- tity slapd is running with. ACCESS CONTROL
The LDIF backend does not honor any of the access control semantics described in slapd.access(5). Only read (=r) access to the entry pseudo-attribute and to the other attribute values of the entries returned by the search operation is honored, which is performed by the frontend. FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5), slapd(8), ldif(5). AUTHOR
Eric Stokes OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPD-LDIF(5)