Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount problem with Linux
Operating Systems HP-UX Mount problem with Linux Post 302785859 by vbe on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 12:46:14 PM
Old 03-26-2013
I just reread the post thanks to Radoulov who did some code tags arrangements...
and noticed one thing you mention NFS v3
Though not specifying the version, your OS will attempt to use the highest, if not supported by the server, should use a lower this was OK when the highest was 3...
I havent tried the case of new releases in 4 trying to mount an old 2...
Try something like:
Code:
mount -o vers=2,proto=udp bach:/tausch  /mnt/mnt_bach2

or if line in /etc/fstab nfs rw,udp,2 0 0 appended to your mount line

I havent tested with IP only, when I cannot resolve using DNS I always added the hosts in /etc/hosts...

About /etc/exports :
When I got that sort of trouble I have been trying hard to solve by changing the concerned line in /etc/exports
And saw that sometimes yes it could be buggy.. from not letting you mount to you can mount but see nothing...
Tried configuring with sam to see if it changed anything, no really, but removing the line and creating it again solved the issue... (why????)

P.S.
Did you refresh your /etc/exports: As root
Code:
 exportfs ; exportfs -a

It should complain if something was not OK...

Last edited by vbe; 03-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: added " P.S. "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

nfs mount problem

I have a NFS share on a Linux server. When I try to mount it on a Solaris 9 server, I get the following message: nfs mount: <nfs-server-name>: : RPC: Program not registered I have a few other Sun boxes and I can mount the share on them without any problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. Linux

Mount a harddrive in linux.

Hey people i'm very new to linux. I just put a extra 200 gig maxtor HD in my computer. Linux can tell it's there...but it says it cant mount it. How do i mount it manually? thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RKJV
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount :Files on Linux..

Hi, I am facing problem during mount sharing. I am using two machines Suse and Red Hat. Trying to share a data on suse machine from Red Hat by using mount command. The problem is that after rebooting mount won't work. How to solve this problem. What i did? 1. create a folder on Suse... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjannu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with mount remot..!!

hi all... when I try to mount filesystem on solaris appear me Permission denied this is do it: mount -F nfs <remote file system> <mount point> mount -f nfs remot_server:/share /share when i run this line: nfs mount: server_remoto:/share: Permission denied what i need to do? Regards.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

5. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

6. Linux

Mount problem

well i have an NFS server setup on a pc "1st server" running Fedora Core 4 and i need to mount this from a non-root user. But when i try this i get this freaking error "mount: only root can do this". i do have the entry in fstab file and i tried following solution (no one are working) entry in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sydney30
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Mount

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux and I hope to have some advise. Suppose I have 2 differnt users who require differnt mount drives. When user1 logs in, his required drives are mounted. When user2 logs in, user1's drives are unmounted and user2's drives are mounted. May I know how I can achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viper81
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount directory on Linux problem

folks; I have 3 similar Linux SUSE 10 servers A, B & C I log as root and when i'm on B server & try to mount a directory on A server it works fine, but when i try to mount the same directory when i'm on C it doesn't and i get this error: Server C# mount 172.32.5.2:/var/local/export/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to mount linux to Solaris

Hi Friends, I am trying following command on my solaris box: mount abchostlinux12:/data1/mount_dir /data/mount_dir OUTPUT: nfs mount: abchostlinux12: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Success nfs mount: retrying: /data/mount_dir After this there is no response on command line. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBatra
6 Replies

10. Linux

problem in mount

every day i must type # mount -a in the workstation to mount the directory from the server . note 1- fstab is very good no problem in it 2- the network in this workstation is stable 3- i check every thing in this workstation but i dont see any problem 4- the O.S RedHat 3u9 every day the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayman
1 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)