Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Returns points of an ellipse
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Returns points of an ellipse Post 302785771 by saeed.soltani on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 10:57:29 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Returns points of an ellipse

Hi,
Dose any one know, How can i return a 3D ellipse points if i have these information about the ellipse?
All 3 length of axes, dip of each plane and azimuth of each axes.
Code:
i.e., axes length=(1 cm, 2 cm, 3cm);dip of planes=(15 deg, 80 deg);azimuth of each axes=(10 deg,50 deg, 120 deg).

I think at first i have to solve the ellipse equations and then returns it's points.
I want to use these point to plot a 3D ellipse with GMT package.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

sometimes in Solaris 8 when I go to mount filesystems using either the mount command or by editing the /etc/vfstab, i get a nice little error message saying the the number of allowable mount points has been exceeded. I have read man pages until I am blue in the face and no where can I find what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manderson19
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar using mount points

hi i tried to tar a directory in my server but it show ensufficient space. therefore i tried to save it to a mount point using tar /mountpoint/newfilename file2btar but it gives me permission denied. i am using the root account to do this. is it possible to tar files and put it to mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get entries between two points

Hi, I am trying to write a script to get entries between two points lets say start and end points from a log file, the log file time format is as follows Start - 07/Aug/2008:18:26:43 End - 07/Aug/2008:19:36:43 I tried using the following awk command but it couldnt pick up the entries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: openspark
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount points

hi, I believe a mount point does not have to be a physical disk, but rather a logical one? Is this correct? if so, how can I find out if my mount points are on different physical disks? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Points?

Has any thought been given to assigning points to threads much in the way the HP ITRC forums do? This might not be possible, just a thought. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: candlejack
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregated points

Combine points of specific key (a1) based on user defined size (lets say 200 in this example). so a1 191 and 191+200 and sum of all the values (4th column) and vice versa... Thanx a bunch! a1 191 201 1 a1 201 211 2 a1 211 221 1 a1 ....... .... a2......... ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mount Points? How?

Hi folks, I have been asked to performed the following: Add the following new moint points systemA:/avp and SystemB:/usr/sap/trans to be the new linux server ZZZ How can I add those mount points and how those mount points can become another linuz server?:wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with decimal points

Hi All, I would like to set decimal point to 16 in the following bash script but it has syntax error at }: awk '{printf"%.16e", (a<500,a++,$1/(a*1.1212121212121229e-02))}' input.dat >output.datHow may I set it in the correct way please? Thank you very much! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sxiong
6 Replies
DTK_MOVE_SHAPE(3)						Draw Toolkit manual						 DTK_MOVE_SHAPE(3)

NAME
dtk_move_shape, dtk_relmove_shape, dtk_rotate_shape, dtk_relrotate_shape - shape displacement SYNOPSIS
#include <drawtk.h> void dtk_move_shape(dtk_hshape shp, float x, float y); void dtk_relmove_shape(dtk_hshape shp, float dx, float dy); void dtk_rotate_shape(dtk_hshape shp, float deg); void dtk_relrotate_shape(dtk_hshape shp, float ddeg); DESCRIPTION
These functions control the position and the rotation with which the shape shp will be next drawn. dtk_move_shape() set the translation the shape for the next draws. The position defined by x and y corresponds to the position of the ori- gin of the shape (corresponding to the point (0,0) when the shape has been created). dtk_rotate_shape() set the rotation (counter-clockwise) of the shape around its origin of the shape. This rotation is performed relatively to the initial posture of the shape (at creation time). The argument deg specify the angle of rotation expressed in degrees. dtk_relmove_shape() and dtk_relrotate_shape() do the same excepting that their arguments dx, dy and ddeg updates the current parameters of the translation and rotation. RETURN VALUE
None of these functions returns value. SEE ALSO
dtk_draw_shape(3) EPFL
2010 DTK_MOVE_SHAPE(3)