Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Bad exchange descriptor : not able to remove files under zpool Post 302785743 by chidori on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 09:48:51 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Bad exchange descriptor : not able to remove files under zpool

Hi ,

One of my zone went down and when i booted it up i could see the pool in degraded state with some check sum errors . we have brought the pool online after scrubbing. But few files are showing this error

Code:
Bad exchange descriptor

Please let me know how to remove these files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad file descriptor?

Ok, I'm sure this is a total newbie question, but I think I'm in the right place, no? I'm trying to call a perl module from a cgi script - Mail::Sendmail - and my web host installed the module in a directory that doesn't seem to be accessible, at least not the way I'm trying. But I thought you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ftb
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove the exported zpool

I had a pool which was exported and due to some issues on my SAN i was never able to import it again. Can anyone tell me how can i destroy the exported pool to free up the LUN. I tried to create a new pool on the same pool but it gives me following error # zpool create emcpool4 emcpower0c... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't remove a LUN from a Zpool!

I am not seeing anyway to remove a LUN from a Zpool... Am I missing something? or do i have to destroy the zpool and recreate it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. Programming

utime returning -1 BAD File DEscriptor

Hi All, First of all thanks for reading this post. In my application, I am trying to create a new message queue . I am attaching the code below. mqd_t mqopen2(const char * pName, unsigned long Flags, long maxMsg, long msgSz) {... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: parusasi
15 Replies

5. Ubuntu

ufsdump from Solaris to ubuntu fails with bad file descriptor

Hi All I have a dedicated backup server running ubuntu 10.04, which has recently been rebuilt (same OS, just different h/w) This is used to receive ufsdump output from a number of Solaris servers, using the following syntax: ufsdump 1uf :/path/to/backup/file /fs/to/be/backed/up This has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: in2deep
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX6.1 Remove file descriptor from specified process

Hi, How to release file description area from specified process. Problem is that process started - open one file ( ~2GB ) - file has been removed - process still shown that file is used by process and can't release space on filesystem. It is not allowable to kill process !!! Regs,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrzysiekPi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove bad records.

HI I have a problem in a file .The file was generated with the wrong data in it. MAL 005158UK473BBTICK1120722 A9999999ADASCD 1120722ADD_SECURIADD_SECURI MAL 005158UK473BBU 1120722 A9999999FF000EA0B9C 1120722ADD_SECURIADD_SECURI MAL 005158UK473ISN 1120722 A9999999US005158UK43... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in the o/p says bad file descriptor...

grt=`sort -nr line_count.txt|head -1` while read $dline do if $grt" -eq "`wc -l combo_operncount.$dline|awk '{print $1}'`" ] then awk -F, '{print $1}' combo_operncount.$dline > FULLD7 else echo combo_operncount.$dline >> filecoll.txt fname=`cat filecoll.txt|tr -s "\n" " "` echo $fname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot remove disk added to zpool

I added a disk to a zpool using "zpool add diskname" My intention was mirror a zpool disk that no mirror; that is a zpool with only one disk. I did not issue the right command. Now, the disk has been added successfully but I cannot remove nor detach it as Solaris 11 thinks it has data on it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bad file descriptor - error with sed

I'm learning SED command. And while doing that i got to this place where i'm taking a copy of my existing file. The code i used is - sed -n '/Storm/ w Storm.txt' books.txt As expected, the file 'books.txt' is read , and lines with 'Storm' is put in to the new file 'Storm.txt'. However, it also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justo
4 Replies
poolbind(1M)															      poolbind(1M)

NAME
poolbind - bind processes, tasks, or projects or query binding of processes to resource pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/poolbind -p poolname [ -i idtype] id... /usr/sbin/poolbind -q pid... /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q pid... The poolbind command allows an authorized user to bind zones, projects, tasks, and processes to pools. It can also allow a user to query a process to determine which pool the process is bound to. The following options are supported: -i idtype This option, together with the idlist arguments, specifies one or more processes to which the poolbind command is to apply. The inter- pretation of idlist depends on the value of idtype. The valid idtype arguments and corresponding interpretations of idlist are as fol- lows: pid idlist is a list of process IDs. Binds the specified processes to the specified pool. This is the default behavior if no idtype is specified. taskid idlist is a list of task IDs. Bind all processes within the list of task IDs to the specified pool. projid idlist is a list of project IDs. Bind all processes within the list of projects to the specified pool. Each project ID can be spec- ified as either a project name or a numerical project ID. See project(4). zoneid idlist is a list of zone IDs. Bind all processes within the list of zones to the specified pool. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. See zones(5). -p poolname Specifies the name of a pool to which the specified zone, project, tasks, or processes are to be bound. -q pid ... Queries the pool bindings for a given list of process IDs. If the collection of resources associated with the process does not corre- spond to any currently existing pool, or if there are multiple pools with the set of resources that the process is bound to, the query fails for that particular process ID. -Q pid ... Queries the resource bindings for a given list of process IDs. The resource bindings are each reported on a separate line. Example 1: Binding All Processes The following command binds all processes in projects 5 and 7 to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app -i projid 5 7 Example 2: Binding the Running Shell The following command binds the running shell to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app $$ Example 3: Querying the Pool Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given pool: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -q $$ Example 4: Querying the Resource Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given resources: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q $$ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Requested operation could not be completed. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The output is Unstable. pooladm(1M), poolcfg(1M), libpool(3LIB), project(4), attributes(5), zones(5) System Administration Guide: N1 Grid Containers, Resource Management, and Solaris Zones 3 Feb 2005 poolbind(1M)