Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increase Font size
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Increase Font size Post 302785725 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 09:15:08 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Sorry but there is no easy way to do this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. Solaris

font size printing

hi all , i was just wondering if i can specify the font size when i am printing from solaris . i am using solaris 9 and hp laserjet 1230 . i dont want to change the global variable for the printer driver . i just want to print a file with small font and the others with normal fonts . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I enlarged the font size?

How can I enlarged the font size when I opened the pdf files with ghostscript or ghostview in solaris 8 for sparc. The font is so small that I can't see it!] Help me please! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set font size

can any one tell me how to set the font size in unix? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size in VIM

Hello, I use VIM version 7.1.56 on Ubuntu OS. Can you tell me pls how can I change the font-size in VIM? Thanks, Iuli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketchera
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output suppose in run a.sh script inside echo "hello world " i want that this should blink in the output and also the font size of hello world should be big .. could you please help me out in this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size in shell!

hi all,, is it possible to change the font size of the first line of text? i search it to internet but i have no luk. Ex. Line 1: HI Line 2: back to normal font size. THanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase Font size for text to type in CYGWIN

Please mention "How to increase font size for text to type commands in CYGWIN " ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adirajup
2 Replies
SG_MAP26(8)							     SG3_UTILS							       SG_MAP26(8)

NAME
sg_map26 - maps a special file to a SCSI generic (sg) device (or vice versa) SYNOPSIS
sg_map26 [--dev_dir=DIR] [--given_is=0|1] [--help] [--result=0|1|2|3] [--symlink] [--verbose] [--version] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
Maps a special file (block or char) associated with a SCSI device to the corresponding SCSI generic (sg) device, or vice versa. Can also be given a sysfs file, for example '/sys/block/sda' or '/sys/block/sda/dev'. Rather than map to or from a sg device, the sysfs file name matching a given device special file (or vice versa) can be requested. This is done with '--result=2' and '--result=3'. This feature works on ATA devices (e.g. 'dev/hdc') as well as SCSI devices. In this utility, "mapped" refers to finding the relationship between a SCSI generic (sg) node and the higher level SCSI device name; or vice versa. For example '/dev/sg0' may "map" to '/dev/sda'. Mappings may not exist, if a relevant module is not loaded, for example. Also there are SCSI devices that can only be accessed via a sg node (e.g. SAF-TE and some SES devices). In this utility, "matching" refers to different representations of the same device accessed via the same driver. For example, '/dev/hdc' and '/sys/block/hdc' usually refer to the same device and thus would be considered matching. A related example is that '/dev/cdrom' and '/dev/hdc' are also considered matching if '/dev/cdrom' is a symlink to '/dev/hdc'. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d, --dev_dir=DIR where DIR is the directory to search for resultant device special files in (or symlinks to same). Only active when '--result=0' (the default) or '--result=2'. If this option is not given and DEVICE is a device special file then the directory part of DEVICE is assumed. If this option is not given and DEVICE is a sysfs name, then if necessary '/dev' is assumed as the directory. -g, --given_is=0 | 1 specifies the DEVICE is either a device special file (when the argument is 0), or a sysfs 'dev' file (when the argument is 1). The parent directory of a sysfs 'dev' file is also accepted (e.g. either '/sys/block/sda/dev' or '/sys/block/sda' are accepted). Usu- ally there is no need to give this option since this utility first checks for special files (or symlinks to special files) and if not, assumes it has been given a sysfs 'dev' file (or its parent). Generates an error if given and disagrees with variety of DEVICE. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -r, --result=0 | 1 | 2 | 3 specifies what variety of file (or files) that this utility tries to find. The default is a "mapped" device special file, when the argument is 0. When the argument is 1, this utility tries to find the "mapped" sysfs node name. When the argument is 2, this util- ity tries to find the "matching" device special file. When the argument is 3, this utility tries to find the "matching" sysfs node name. -s, --symlink when a device special file is being sought (i.e. when '--result=0' (the default) or '--result=2') then also look for symlinks to that device special file in the same directory. -v, --verbose increase the level of verbosity, (i.e. debug output). -V, --version print the version string and then exit. NOTES
This utility is designed for the linux 2.6 kernel series. It uses special file major and minor numbers (and whether the special is block or character) together with sysfs to do its mapping or matching. In the absence of any other information, device special files are assumed to be in the '/dev' directory while sysfs is assumed to be mounted at '/sys'. Device names in sysfs are predictable, given the corresponding major and minor number of the device. However, due to udev rules, the name of device special files can be anything the user desires (e.g. '/dev/sda' could be named '/dev/my_boot_disk'). When trying to find a resultant device special file, this utility uses the major and minor numbers (and whether a block or char device is sought) to search the device directory. This utility only shows one relationship at a time. To get an overview of all SCSI devices, with special file names and optionally the "mapped" sg device name, see the lsscsi utility. EXAMPLES
Assume sg2 maps to sdb while dvd, cdrom and hdc are all matching. # sg_map26 /dev/sg2 /dev/sdb # sg_map26 /dev/sdb /dev/sg2 # sg_map26 --result=0 /dev/sdb /dev/sg2 # sg_map26 --result=3 /dev/sdb /sys/block/sda # sg_map26 --result=1 /dev/sdb /sys/class/scsi_generic/sg0 Now look at '/dev/hdc' and friends # sg_map26 /dev/hdc <error: a hd device does not map to a sg device> # sg_map26 --result=3 /dev/hdc /sys/block/hdc # sg_map26 --result=2 /dev/hdc /dev/hdc # sg_map26 --result=2 --symlink /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd /dev/hdc # sg_map26 --result=2 --symlink /sys/block/hdc /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd /dev/hdc EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_map26 is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
udev(8), udevinfo(8), lsscsi(lsscsi) sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_MAP26(8)