Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service Post 302785713 by war49 on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 08:37:12 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Can you confirm about what the permission and who is owner of /home/server directory ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ftp connect from unix to NT machine

I've read some of the threads on here about ftping. It seems most relate to ftp-ing from one unix environment to another. What I'm looking for is a way to ftp files from unix out to an windows NT machine that is connected to a network. If anyone has a simple or complex example, I would sure... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthreedhr
8 Replies

2. Programming

program to transfer a file from client machine to server

1. we have a client & server ,and TFTP is running on the server. 2.we have 3 files a.exe,b.exe,c.exe in the client machine....we need to transfer all the 3 files to the server and store it into a DIR... 3.then we need to check in the server whetehr all the three files are sucessfully... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Explor the Unix server on Windows Client machine

Hi, I am doin a project that'll work as a normal Explorer on Windows but the best thing is it'll be exploring the content of a UNIX server. The application would be runnin on the windows platform with probably a FTP server on UNIX server. How i should proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziaullahk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to shutdown client machine from the server

I have a unix server through which some ten client machines are connected. I want to shutdown/restart all the machine from the server through the shell script during the particular time of the day. I welcome your suggestions. Thanks in advance. With regards Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I connect a hpux10.x os machine to "the internet" via a WinXP client?

I am wondering how can I cross this technical border of my ignorance for quite sometime, 6 months to be more exact, and just don't get it quite. I did read some newbies' literatures on UNIX OS but could not find the key to unlock the HP workstations (OS dated 1997 maybe because the man page... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liumx2000
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutting down a client machine from server using scripts

Hi, i have several client machines connected to a server..how do i shutdown a specific client from server using shell scripts?? is it possible to use socket programming to establish a connection before doing this? (need a code in 'c') thanking you tanvi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanvi
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

8. Solaris

machine server and machine client

Hello, i need to create a communication between two machines solaris 2 installed in VM workstation; to begin with NFS and do these : Machine A : share -F nfs /opt and in Machine B : mount -F nfs machineA:/opt /mnt also share -F nfs -o rw=machineB /opt and in B mount -F nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies
DPNS_RENAME(3)						      DPNS Library Functions						    DPNS_RENAME(3)

NAME
dpns_rename - rename a DPNS file or directory in the name server SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "dpns_api.h" int dpns_rename (const char *oldpath, const char *newpath) DESCRIPTION
dpns_rename renames a DPNS file or directory in the name server. oldpath and newpath must be of the same type, i.e. both regular files or both directories. If newpath exists already, it will be removed before the rename takes place. If newpath is a directory, it must be empty. When renaming a directory, newpath must not be a descendant of oldpath, i.e. newpath must not contain a path prefix that names oldpath. Write permission is required on both parents. If oldpath is a directory, write permission is required on it and if newpath is an existing directory, write permission is also required on it. If any of the parents has the sticky bit S_ISVTX set, either the effective user ID of the requestor must match the owner ID of the file or the effective user ID of the requestor must match the owner ID of the directory or the file must be writable by the requestor or the requestor must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOENT A component of oldpath prefix does not exist or oldpath or newpath is a null pathname. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefixes or write permission on the parent directories is denied or oldpath is a directory and write permission is denied on oldpath or newpath. EFAULT oldpath or newpath is a NULL pointer. EEXIST newpath is an existing directory and is not empty or newpath is an existing file with replicas. ENOTDIR A component of the path prefixes is not a directory or oldpath is a directory and newpath is an existing regular file. EISDIR newpath is a directory while oldpath is a regular file. EINVAL newpath is a descendant of oldpath. ENAMETOOLONG The length of oldpath or newpath exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. ENSNACT Name server is not running or is being shutdown. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), dpns_chdir(3), dpns_chmod(3), dpns_unlink(3), Cupvlist(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team DPNS
$Date: 2005/06/30 08:34:03 $ DPNS_RENAME(3)