Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check whether files are transferred or not using ftp? Post 302785623 by zaxxon on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 04:38:52 AM
Old 03-26-2013
The binary ftp always returns 0 as itself has no functional errors. For errors regarding the file transfer, there are other codes, which can't be accessed via $?. They can only be parsed as text output from ftp.
Can you use something else like scp? That might make it much easier as you can use $? again and would be encrypted ie. safer. It would need an exchange of a key though because it works password-less when being used non-interactive.
If there is no way of key exchange for authentication, you could still feed it with expect for example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know number files transferred

Hi, I am transferring files from our local server to remote server using FTP command in a shell script. I am using a the following code, FTPFILE="ercchk*.txt" mput $FTPFILE can any one help me out in calucalating the number of files transfered. help in this regard is highly... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: azazalis
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I write a ksh script that will check if all ftp files are received?

I am trying to code a ksh script that will check to see if all 26 incoming ftp files have been received before proceeding to the next function, which is to rename each file. Here is the pseudo-code of what I am trying to do: <<STEP_1>> IF all ALS files have been transmitted then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doug145
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How files can be transferred from one system to another securely using Linux?

i need to know how files can be transfered from one system to another securely in linux. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibing
9 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need to ftp some files, and check the number of rows in the transferd file

1)I need to write a script which ftps 3 files to a unix box, 2)once the files are ftped i need to check the number of rows in each file and compare it with the data (no of rows) coming in a manifest file, if the number of rows in each file matches the data coming in manifest file, then i need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system. File type: Text file/Flat file Source System: Windows / Unix Systems Target System is always: Unix Mode of Transfer : ASCII We have generic ftp shell script that transfers the files from different ftp servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpundalik
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How do files transferred via ftp or sftp gets thier permissions at destination?

We have umask defined under /etc/.login as 022. I have my user specific umask defined in /userhome/.login as 002. I understand ftp will not execute anything at destination, it simply transfers files. But it seem to be using 022 as umask for the files transferred. How does ftp knows what umask... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

0kb file transferred in FTP process

We are transferring xml files to remote machine through cronjob @every 5 mins and then will move the files to the backup folder is source server. Sometimes the file is transferred as 0kb to destination server, whereas the file in the source backup folder is completely written. There is no error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavi
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Limit number of files transferred

I've a folder in remote server and it has 50 files. I like to transfer these files by first 10 and next 10 files. I'm using mget command to transfer the files. How to limit the file transfer limit to 10. instead of copying 50 files at a time. Thanks Janarthan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janarthan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check if any files are being FTP'ed currently ?

how to check if any files are being FTP'ed currently ? both FTP in and FTP out. And is there any system log for all the FTP activities ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
AMQP-PUBLISH(1) 						 RabbitMQ C Client						   AMQP-PUBLISH(1)

NAME
amqp-publish - Publish a message on an AMQP server SYNOPSIS
amqp-publish [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
Publishes a message to an exchange on an AMQP server. Options allow the various properties of the message and parameters of the AMQP basic.publish method to be specified. By default, the message body is read from standard input. Alternatively, the -b option allows the message body to be provided as part of the command. OPTIONS
-e, --exchange=exchange name The name of the exchange to publish to. If omitted, the default exchange (also known as the nameless exchange) is used. -r, --routing-key=routing key The routing key to publish with. If omitted, an empty routing key is assumed. A routing key must be specified when publishing to the default exchange; in that case, accoding to the AMQP specification, the routing key corresponds to a queue name. -p, --persistent Use the persistent delivery mode. Without this option, non-persistent delivery is used. -C, --content-type=MIME type Specifies the content-type property for the message. If omitted, the content-type property is not set on the message. -E, --content-encoding=content coding Specifies the content-encoding property for the message. If omitted, the content-encoding property is not set on the message. -b, --body=message body Specifies the message body. If omitted, the message body is read from standard input. EXAMPLES
Send a short message, consisting of the word "Hello" to the queue "myqueue" via the default exchange: $ amqp-publish -r myqueue -b Hello Send some XML data from a file to the exchange "events", with persistent delivery mode, setting the content-type property on the message to make the data format explicit: $ amqp-publish -e events -p -C text/xml <event.xml SEE ALSO
librabbitmq-tools(7) describes connection-related options common to all the RabbitMQ C Client tools. AUTHOR
The RabbitMQ Team <info@rabbitmq.com> RabbitMQ C Client 2011-01-01 AMQP-PUBLISH(1)