Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash INKEY$ function...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash INKEY$ function... Post 302785605 by wisecracker on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 03:46:29 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Hi Corona688...

Thanks for the info...
One day I will become a coder... ;o)

I have used a derivative of it in the next stage of the AudioScope as a pseudo vertical shift control, so I thought I would let other people like me have it...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with bash function

Hi all! I need a little help with an imbedded fuction I am trying to write. What I am trying to do is go to a series of hosts and get the contents of an XML file, storing some of the data, along with the name of the host it was gathered from. My intent is to store this in an array for later... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _jade_
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in using power function in Bash

Hi, I would like to use a power function in Bash in an awk '{ } . e.g pow(2,3)=8 Any suggestion? I try to find online resources but most of them stated by using BC. Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash search function

I want to have a function with a similar interface: search *.cpp asdf that will search recursively all directories for *.cpp file, containing line 'asdf' inside. I tried this: function search { find . -name "$1" | xargs grep -li $2; } But it doesn't work all the time. For example, if i run it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doze
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash]Function returning a boolean

Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to return a the result of a boolean expression from a function like this function() { # some code return || } and what will be the return value ? Thank you for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin06
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash getting weird output from function ?

My script- result="" times() { echo "inside the times function" result=8 echo "Inside function $result" return $result } result=$(times) echo "the value is "$? echo "the value of result $result" when I run I get this, why the value still remain 0. $ ./func the value is 0 the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH function error

Hey everyone. I am currently testing my first function based BASH script. The ultimate goal is going to be moving logs from point A to point B (or if B is down, to point C). Part of this involves the following function: function testAlive{ ping -c 1 -q $1 } Now when I run ping -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function

startvm() { startguest } Is there a way use one line to get this ? actually I want startvm=startguest (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yes or No selection within bash function

I need to add a selection within the bash function below and am having some trouble doing so. phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting Phox2B analysis : "; read id printf "Is this an intronic variant? Y/N "; read match_choice case... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function, for BSD

I am putting this thread to shell-threads, because it is about how to make a function work properly. I need a hint for declaring a function right, it has been more than a year I did not work that straight with bash. So my aim is to turn off the eth0 (as it would be in linux, and bge0 in bsd ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function problem

I am trying to figure out why I am having a "problem" with some functions in a bash script I am running. The reason for air quoting is that the functions are working, they are just not displaying anything to screen when called from another function. Here's an example: function Create_Input {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
6 Replies
NE_SET_USERAGENT(3)						neon API reference					       NE_SET_USERAGENT(3)

NAME
ne_set_useragent, ne_set_read_timeout, ne_set_connect_timeout, ne_get_scheme, ne_get_server_hostport - common properties for HTTP sessions SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> void ne_set_useragent(ne_session *session, const char *product); void ne_set_read_timeout(ne_session *session, int timeout); void ne_set_connect_timeout(ne_session *session, int timeout); const char *ne_get_scheme(ne_sesssion *session); const char *ne_get_server_hostport(ne_sesssion *session); DESCRIPTION
The User-Agent request header is used to identify the software which generated the request for statistical or debugging purposes. neon does not send a User-Agent header unless a call is made to the ne_set_useragent. ne_set_useragent must be passed a product string conforming to RFC2616's product token grammar; of the form "Product/Version". When neon reads from a socket, by default the read operation will time out after 60 seconds, and the request will fail giving an NE_TIMEOUT error. To configure this timeout interval, call ne_set_read_timeout giving the desired number of seconds as the timeout parameter. When a connection is being established to a server, normally only the system's TCP timeout handling will apply. To configure a specific (and probably shorter) timeout, the ne_set_connect_timeout can be used, giving the desired number of seconds as the timeout parameter. If 0 is passed, then the default behaviour of using the system TCP timeout will be used. The scheme used to initially create the session will be returned by ne_get_scheme. The hostport pair with which the session is associated will be returned by the ne_get_server_hostport; for example www.example.com:8080. Note that the :port will be omitted if the default port for the scheme is used. EXAMPLES
Set a user-agent string: ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_set_useragent(sess, "MyApplication/2.1"); Set a 30 second read timeout: ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_set_read_timeout(sess, 30); SEE ALSO
ne_session_create, ne_set_session_flag. AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.30.0 31 July 2013 NE_SET_USERAGENT(3)