Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash INKEY$ function...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash INKEY$ function... Post 302785499 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of March 2013 06:15:07 PM
Old 03-25-2013
What read -n 1 is doing here is probably something like stty -icanon min 1 ; get_character ; reset

...since it's not BASH that's preventing you from reading one at a time, but the terminal itself. Usually it's in "canon" mode, or line-by-line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with bash function

Hi all! I need a little help with an imbedded fuction I am trying to write. What I am trying to do is go to a series of hosts and get the contents of an XML file, storing some of the data, along with the name of the host it was gathered from. My intent is to store this in an array for later... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _jade_
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in using power function in Bash

Hi, I would like to use a power function in Bash in an awk '{ } . e.g pow(2,3)=8 Any suggestion? I try to find online resources but most of them stated by using BC. Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash search function

I want to have a function with a similar interface: search *.cpp asdf that will search recursively all directories for *.cpp file, containing line 'asdf' inside. I tried this: function search { find . -name "$1" | xargs grep -li $2; } But it doesn't work all the time. For example, if i run it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doze
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash]Function returning a boolean

Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to return a the result of a boolean expression from a function like this function() { # some code return || } and what will be the return value ? Thank you for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin06
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash getting weird output from function ?

My script- result="" times() { echo "inside the times function" result=8 echo "Inside function $result" return $result } result=$(times) echo "the value is "$? echo "the value of result $result" when I run I get this, why the value still remain 0. $ ./func the value is 0 the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH function error

Hey everyone. I am currently testing my first function based BASH script. The ultimate goal is going to be moving logs from point A to point B (or if B is down, to point C). Part of this involves the following function: function testAlive{ ping -c 1 -q $1 } Now when I run ping -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function

startvm() { startguest } Is there a way use one line to get this ? actually I want startvm=startguest (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yes or No selection within bash function

I need to add a selection within the bash function below and am having some trouble doing so. phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting Phox2B analysis : "; read id printf "Is this an intronic variant? Y/N "; read match_choice case... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function, for BSD

I am putting this thread to shell-threads, because it is about how to make a function work properly. I need a hint for declaring a function right, it has been more than a year I did not work that straight with bash. So my aim is to turn off the eth0 (as it would be in linux, and bge0 in bsd ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function problem

I am trying to figure out why I am having a "problem" with some functions in a bash script I am running. The reason for air quoting is that the functions are working, they are just not displaying anything to screen when called from another function. Here's an example: function Create_Input {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
6 Replies
OPENCV_TRAINCASCADE(1)						   User Commands					    OPENCV_TRAINCASCADE(1)

NAME
opencv_traincascade - transcascade application SYNOPSIS
opencv_traincascade [options] DESCRIPTION
traincascade application. OPTIONS
opencv_traincascade supports the following options: BASIC OPTIONS
-data cascade_dir_name -vec vec_file_name -bg background_file_name -numPos number_of_positive_samples The default is 2000. -numNeg number_of_negative_samples The default is 1000. -num Stagesnumber_of_stages The default is 20. -precalcValBufSize precalculated_vals_buffer_size_in_Mb The default is 256. -precalcIdxBufSize precalculated_idxs_buffer_size_in_Mb The default is 256. -baseFormatSave CASCADE OPTIONS
-stageType The default is BOOST. -featureType Set feauture type . You can select HAAR or LBP. The default is HAAR. -w sampleWidth The default is 24. -h sampleHeight The default is 24. BOOST OPTIONS
-bt {DAB|RAB|LB|GAB} The type of the applied boosting algorithm. You can choose between Discrete AdaBoost (DAB), Real AdaBoost (RAB), LogitBoost (LB) and Gentle AdaBoost (GAB). The default is GAB. -minHitRate min_hit_rate The default is 0.995. -maxFalseAlarmRate max_false_alarm_rate The default is 0.5. -weightTrimRate weight_trim_rate The default is 0.95. -maxDepth max_depth_of_weak_tree The default is 1. -maxWeakCount max_weak_tree_count The default is 100. HAARFEATURE OPTIONS
-mode <BASIC|CORE|ALL> The type of the applied haarFeature mode. You can choose between BASIC, ORE and ALL. The default is BASIC. EXAMPLES
TODO SEE ALSO
opencv_haartraing(1), opencv_performance(1) More information and examples can be found in the OpenCV documentation. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). OpenCV May 2010 OPENCV_TRAINCASCADE(1)