Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace FTP with SFTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace FTP with SFTP Post 302785455 by desai.vishnu on Monday 25th of March 2013 04:20:55 PM
Old 03-25-2013
Replace FTP with SFTP

Hi All,

I am in the process of replacing SFTP instead of FTP to make data more secure. In one of my FTP script I have Quote Site command. I would like to know, what is the option to replace this in SFTP

Code:
ftp -n -v <<! | tee -a $LOG | grep "Transfer complete" >/dev/null
   open $remote_address
   user ${remote_login_id} ${remote_password}
   quote site $quote_site_cmd
   cd $remote_dir
   binary
   put $local_file $remote_file
   quit

Please help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance
Vishnu

Last edited by Corona688; 03-25-2013 at 07:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write exactly the same way with SFTP using authentication keys, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP commands in SFTP

Hi, I am in the process of migrating all my FTP data flows into SFTP to make data more secure... I have used many quote site commands in our FTP sesssion. In SFTP i found that there is no option to do such commands. Does any body here know to overcome the current situation. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astra
2 Replies

3. Solaris

To make ftp an sftp?

Hi All, I want to make ftp for a particular server(ip ,user/passwd) sftp . Regards Megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

amend ftp to sftp

Hi all, below is my current scriptftp -n << FTPCTRL open $my_ip user $my_user $my_pass ascii prompt off lcd $myDIR cd $ftp_cd $OPS $myfile FTPCTRLI'd like to amend it to sftp mode. Please advise the correct step.I consulted the man pages of sftp and I suppose I should be using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP or SFTP User

Hello there, is there any command in Unix to check that following ftp user is ftp or sftp user. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahhmedbilal
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP / SFTP confusion

Good morning all, I require some help regarding an FTP server i am building. Basically i have around 20 users all sending a receiving files to and from my FTP server but would like all traffic to be secure. I want to ensure users connect via SFTP only and are denied via FTP. Im using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Upgrading' to sftp from ftp

Somebody made a policy that 'we use sftp now instead of ftp'. I have recommended we use scp because I can't for the life of me think of a *good* reason to use sftp and not scp. But most of what I do is stupid stuff without a good reason. I get judged on how much I can just say yes, no matter how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CodeMonkey76
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Why is sftp working but ftp not

I am not very familiar with the use of FTP, and trying to run it I found out that standard "ftp" is not working" but "sftp" is. If sftp is allowed will that block ftp ? and if so where is this set ? I thought there is no relationship, is that right ? If so look here: inetadm | grep ftp enabled... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and SFTP functionality

Hi Friends, I need to make a Unix script, where i need ftp and sftp functionality. Let me describe in details: I need to import few files from remote server, now these remote server either support ftp or sftp not both. So i need a script where my script will try to do ftp first and if it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp equivalent to ftp -n

Hi all. I can put ftp command in shell script together with the password using ftp -n 10.1.2.34 << EOF user userid password cd /test_dir/ prompt bin get filename.txt EOF But the -n option is not available for sftp. What alternatives do I have then to bypass the password prompt? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
6 Replies
CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM - set a point to resume transfer from SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM, long from); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long as parameter. It contains the offset in number of bytes that you want the transfer to start from. Set this option to 0 to make the transfer start from the beginning (effectively disabling resume). For FTP, set this option to -1 to make the transfer start from the end of the target file (useful to continue an interrupted upload). When doing uploads with FTP, the resume position is where in the local/source file libcurl should try to resume the upload from and it will then append the source file to the remote target file. If you need to resume a transfer beyond the 2GB limit, use CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM_LARGE(3) instead. DEFAULT
0, not used PROTOCOLS
HTTP, FTP, SFTP, FILE EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp://example.com"); /* resume upload at byte index 200 */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM, 200L); /* ask for upload */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, 1L); /* set total data amount to expect */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_INFILESIZE, size_of_file); /* Perform the request */ curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM_LARGE(3), CURLOPT_RANGE(3), CURLOPT_INFILESIZE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM(3)