Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usermod pam in hpux
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Usermod pam in hpux Post 302785413 by Linusolaradm1 on Monday 25th of March 2013 03:24:44 PM
Old 03-25-2013
Usermod pam in hpux

On pam.conf

usermod auth required libpam_hpsec.so.1
usermod auth sufficient libpam_krb5.so.1
usermod auth required libpam_unix.so.1 try_first_pass
usermod account required libpam_hpsec.so.1
usermod account sufficient libpam_krb5.so.1
usermod account required libpam_unix.so.1
usermod session required libpam_hpsec.so.1
usermod session sufficient libpam_krb5.so.1
usermod session required libpam_unix.so.1

but when i try

Code:
[root@hpux etc]# usermod -G wheel giuseppe
Login 'giuseppe' does not exist

Code:
[root@hpux etc]# id giuseppe
uid=10012(giuseppe) gid=10000(domain users)

Giuseppe is ad user
How to set usermod?
thanks

---------- Post updated at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:30 PM ----------

works fine after reboot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usermod -e

I'm trying to add an expiration to all of the local logins, but everytime I do the: usermod -e <date> <login> command, I get a error msg "usermod error <date> is not a valid expiration date. CHoose another" I've tried 6/26/06, June 26, 2006, 26/6/06, 6/26/2006 everything I can think of. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amheck
1 Replies

2. Solaris

help interpreting usermod man page

Hi, I put an expiration on a few id's that I want to remove now. From the man page -e expire Specify the future date on which a login can no longer be used; after this date, no user will be able to access this login. This option is useful ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required for usermod command

Hi, I would need to modify my machine name : When i give "w" command, i am getting following message USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT krishnag pts/59 gunasekar 1:25pm 25:15 0.03s 0.03s -csh. My questions is, i need to change FROM (i.e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gun
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. Solaris

usermod vs rolemod

Hello, I'm a bit confused by the usage of those two commands. I have 2 freshly installed systems and the behaviour is different from one system to another. root@systemONE rolemod -G mygroup postgres UX: rolemod: ERROR: Users most be modified with ``usermod''. root@systemTWO usermod -G... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

usermod -p not working in HP Unix

Hi; Im working on HP -UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 , I come from a Linux background and i m not so good at HP UX.Here is the issue I need to reset the password of some 100 users at one go ,on linux I used to do it.I wrote a small code in linux and it worked a charm here is the code ,where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

8. AIX

usermod in AIX

Hello All, Could you please let me know if the usermod command works in AIX? If yes, on what versions? We have a situation in which we need to change the UID of few users who have the same UID as root. We have changed it in /etc/passwd for now but want to use usermod in future. The syntax is as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
2 Replies

9. SuSE

PAM password change failed, pam error 20

Hi, I use a software which can create account on many system or application. One of resource which is managed by this soft his a server SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). patch level 3. This application which is an IBM application use ssh to launch command to create account in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scabarrus
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Usermod cannot working

i install Solaris 11.2 , Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.2 April 2015 and make 2 zones for Oracle RAC non-global zones : rac1, rac2 in zones i create group's and user's /usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1000 oinstall /usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1020 asmadmin /usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1021... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
2 Replies
PAM_DENY(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						       PAM_DENY(8)

NAME
pam_deny - The locking-out PAM module SYNOPSIS
pam_deny.so DESCRIPTION
This module can be used to deny access. It always indicates a failure to the application through the PAM framework. It might be suitable for using for default (the OTHER) entries. OPTIONS
This module does not recognise any options. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
All module types (account, auth, password and session) are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR This is returned by the account and auth services. PAM_CRED_ERR This is returned by the setcred function. PAM_AUTHTOK_ERR This is returned by the password service. PAM_SESSION_ERR This is returned by the session service. EXAMPLES
#%PAM-1.0 # # If we don't have config entries for a service, the # OTHER entries are used. To be secure, warn and deny # access to everything. other auth required pam_warn.so other auth required pam_deny.so other account required pam_warn.so other account required pam_deny.so other password required pam_warn.so other password required pam_deny.so other session required pam_warn.so other session required pam_deny.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_deny was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org> Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_DENY(8)