Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter Post 302785349 by stunn3r on Monday 25th of March 2013 12:01:08 PM
Old 03-25-2013
This is a virtual machine .. so yep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does bad elf flags mean?

Hi all! Could anybody tell me what this means? # /usr/local/sbin/sshd ld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/sshd: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: bad ELF flags value: 256 Killed Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

today i started the LFS book (version 4.0). Basically i am using slackware 9.0 to try and install a new linux completely from source on another partition. Now i took the book's recommendations and created a user called lfs so i wouldn't have to do the stuff as root, and i have got the new LFS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calum
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad interpreter: Permission denied

I am writing an expect script but am getting a bad interpreter: permission denied error. I don't think the error has anything to do with expect itself, I think I am missing something in how I start the file. For instance, when I run the file under the expect directory it works: cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to resolve bad interpreter error

Hi, Iam trying to run a gmake command and have the latest version of Gnu in my redhat linux system. I need to execute the following steps; ---> chmod +x utils/* ---> ./utils/AllCodeManagerFix ---> gmake LINUX Iam able to do the chmod command but when I run the second command I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Here is a puzzler. To start, let me say that I've done a search on this issue and it is definitely not related to line endings being encoded in windows returns. I get this error when I run SOME perl scripts. I have a script called hello_world.pl. I do $cp hello_world.pl new_hello_world.pl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjmtaiwan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi I am running a script: #!bin/bash set -x echo"select * from celldatamap;" || sqlcsv -v -h -s ',' -d MTNSA11G -u datasafe -p datasafe > andrea.csv When I run my script ./tablescript.sh I get the following error: $ ./tablescript.sh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad interpreter when running script

Hi All, I'm not confortable in writing script, can someone can help me, when I run that script below i found this error code : -bash: ./script.sh: /bin/sh.: bad interpreter: Here is the script for i in * x=${i##*.} z=$(perl -e 'print time;') t=$(echo $z-$x|bc)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzb23
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sqlite3: /lib/ld-Linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter:

Hi all I'm hoping this is just me being a muppet, has anyone come across this problem before? I am writing an application that uses sqlite3 and I have created a database using it - sqlite3 muse.db SQLite version 3.6.20 Enter ".help" for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I keep getting this error and I am not sure why. -bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory First I run my makefile and this works fine: goodmain: main.o gcc -o goodmain main.o main.o: main.c gcc -c main.c Then I want to limit my output so I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies
MSTAT(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						       MSTAT(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_mstat - Returns the status of a host in the virtual machine. SYNOPSIS
C int mstat = pvm_mstat( char *host ) Fortran call pvmfmstat( host, mstat ) PARAMETERS
host Character string containing the host name. mstat Integer returning machine status: value MEANING PvmOk host is OK PvmNoHost host is not in virtual machine PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed) DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_mstat returns the status mstat of the computer named host with respect to running PVM processes. This routine can be used to determine if a particular host has failed and if the virtual machine needs to be reconfigured. The function pvm_notify() can also be used to notify the caller that a host has failed. EXAMPLES
C: mstat = pvm_mstat( "msr.ornl.gov" ); Fortran: CALL PVMFMSTAT( 'msr.ornl.gov', MSTAT ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_mstat PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. PvmNoHost giving a host name not in the virtual machine. PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed). SEE ALSO
pvm_notify(3PVM), pvm_config(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 MSTAT(3PVM)