Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX The life cycle of System logfiles Post 302785341 by enabbou on Monday 25th of March 2013 11:30:48 AM
Old 03-25-2013
Hi,

Thanks for your Reply. I think now I am clear.
All the log files concerning the sytem are not deleted. the number of the log files are equal to the number of Reboot Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logfiles

My server has only has access logs turned on. How do I turn on the other standard logs (i.e. I'd like to see the referring urls). Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingdom
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Controlling logfiles

I support an app that outputs alert and audit messages to one log file (vendor says they can't be separated). The script that I have written takes a copy (mv cmd) of the file to do the separation and reformatting. I have a problem that I loose records (messages are being written constantly, upto 3+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfiles E-mailed

Hi All There are some cron jobs ,which runs 24 hrs. Log files are generated when one job fails. So I need the log files to be emailed to my personal e-mail id. So that I can see the log files at my home If there is any error. How can I implement this in Unix shell programming. Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

End of Life / Life Cycle Information

Hello everyone, I was searching for locations where I can get End of Life information on multiple versions of Unix. I have found some information which I list below, what I have not found or confirmed is where I can get the information for: DEC Unix/OSF1 V4.0D NCR Unix SVR4 MP-RAS Rel 3.02.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

5. Solaris

system logs' life

How can you control old system logs keep(or storage) time in Solaris ? Is there any method ? it depends on buffer size long or date long ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xramm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split monthly logfiles into daily logfiles

Hi, I have a lot of logfiles like fooYYYYMM.log (foo200301.log, foo200810.log) with lines like YYYY-MM-DD TIMESTAMP,text1,text2,text3... but I need (for postprocessing) the form fooYYYYMMDD.log (so foo200402.log becomes foo20040201.log, foo20040202.log...) with unmodified content of lines. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clzupp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfiles

Hi All, I have a peculiar problem. I will call a script from another script. Script abc.ksh is called by ABC.ksh as ABC.ksh abc.ksh in abc.ksh I will create and redirect all the statements to log file. ABC.ksh will also has a log file. I want all the logs generated in file abc in ABC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
5 Replies
wbemlogviewer(1M)														 wbemlogviewer(1M)

NAME
wbemlogviewer - start WBEM Log Viewer SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/wbemlogviewer The wbemlogviewer utility starts the WBEM Log Viewer graphical user interface, which enables administrators to view and maintain log records created by WBEM clients and providers. The WBEM Log Viewer displays a Login dialog box. You must log in as root or a user with write access to the rootcimv2 namespace to view and maintain log files. Namespaces are described in wbemadmin(1M). Log events can have three severity levels. o Errors o Warnings o Informational The WBEM log file is created in the /var/sadm/wbem/log directory, with the name wbem_log. The first time the log file is backed up, it is renamed wbem_log.1, and a new wbem_log file is created. Each succeeding time the wbem_log file is backed up, the file extension number of each backup log file is increased by 1, and the oldest backup log file is removed if the limit, which in turn is specified in the log ser- vice settings, on the number of logfiles is exceeded. Older backup files have higher file extension numbers than more recent backup files. The log file is renamed with a .1 file extension and saved when one of the following two conditions occur: o The current file reaches the specified file size limit. o A WBEM client application uses the clearLog() method in the Solaris_LogService class to clear the current log file. o A WBEM client application uses the clearLog() method in the Solaris_LogService class to clear the current log file. o A user chooses Action->Back Up Now in the Log Viewer application. Help is displayed in the left panel of each dialog box. Context help is not displayed in the main Log Viewer window. The WBEM Log Viewer is not the tool for a distributed environment. It is used for local administration. The WBEM Log Viewer allows you to perform the following tasks: View the logs Set properties of log fiClick Action->Log File Settings to specify log file parameters and the log file directory. Back up a log file Click Action->Back Up Now to back up and close the current log file and start a new log file. Open historical log fileClick Action->Open Log File to open a backed-up log file. Delete an old log file Open the file and then click Action->Delete Log File. You can only delete backed-up log files. View log record details Double-click a log entry or click View->Log Entry Details to display the details of a log record. Sort the logs Click View->Sort By to sort displayed entries. You can also click any column heading to sort the list. By default, the log entries are displayed in reverse chronological order (new logs first). EXIT STATUS
The wbemlogviewer utility terminates with exit status 0. /var/sadm/wbem/log/wbem_log WBEM log file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbcor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ wbemadmin(1M), init.wbem(1M), mofcomp(1M), attributes(5) 3 Jan 2000 wbemlogviewer(1M)