Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query - date command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query - date command Post 302785309 by Yoda on Monday 25th of March 2013 10:04:43 AM
Old 03-25-2013
You can also use time command to print elapsed time for sqlplus utility:
Code:
time sqlplus username/password@instance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date change related query

Good day folks, This is my first post on this board and I thank you in advance for helping me with this issue. Any idea how I can synchronize server time with another timeserver but have my server lag behind by 2 seconds? Meaning...I need a simple unix script that I can run as crone that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franklo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date & NUmber Validation Query

Hi Do you have any pointers how to validate numbers (not to contain alphabets and special characters) and date(MM/DD/YYYY) format. I used following regular expression to validate integer, which is not working in the default shell: nodigits="$(echo $testvalue | sed 's/]//g')" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok_jax
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding date field in shell script

Hi, I wrote a simple shell script which accepts the input value yearmonth in the format YYYYMM and displays the date as YYYY-MM-DD.Day will be 01 always.Please find the code below #!/bin/ksh export yearmonth_date=$1 print_usage() { echo "usage: ${0##*/} <yearmonth_date> \n" \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Query

I need to generate a report on the first of each month that will show me how many points are going to expire on a particular scheme for the next three months. The points expiry is not an issue what I have an issue with is finding the command to give me the last day of each month for the current and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)