Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query - date command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query - date command Post 302785299 by in2nix4life on Monday 25th of March 2013 09:35:33 AM
Old 03-25-2013
It seems you're storing the date in a variable somewhere in your script which is fine, however, if you need a start and end date then you will need to store the date command again.

Code:
$date=$(date)
printf "Script Started at $date" >> $LOGFILE
sqlplus userid/pwd test1.sql
sqlplus userid/pwd testn.sql
$date=$(date)
printf "Script Ended at $date" >> $LOGFILE

This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date change related query

Good day folks, This is my first post on this board and I thank you in advance for helping me with this issue. Any idea how I can synchronize server time with another timeserver but have my server lag behind by 2 seconds? Meaning...I need a simple unix script that I can run as crone that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franklo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date & NUmber Validation Query

Hi Do you have any pointers how to validate numbers (not to contain alphabets and special characters) and date(MM/DD/YYYY) format. I used following regular expression to validate integer, which is not working in the default shell: nodigits="$(echo $testvalue | sed 's/]//g')" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok_jax
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding date field in shell script

Hi, I wrote a simple shell script which accepts the input value yearmonth in the format YYYYMM and displays the date as YYYY-MM-DD.Day will be 01 always.Please find the code below #!/bin/ksh export yearmonth_date=$1 print_usage() { echo "usage: ${0##*/} <yearmonth_date> \n" \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Query

I need to generate a report on the first of each month that will show me how many points are going to expire on a particular scheme for the next three months. The points expiry is not an issue what I have an issue with is finding the command to give me the last day of each month for the current and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
DATETIME.SETTIME(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETTIME(3)

DateTime::setTime - Sets the time

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setTime (int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_time_set (DateTime $object, int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) Resets the current time of the DateTime object to a different time. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $hour - Hour of the time. o $minute - Minute of the time. o $second - Second of the time. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setTime(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2001-01-01'); date_time_set($date, 14, 55); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; date_time_set($date, 14, 55, 24); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 2001-01-01 14:55:00 2001-01-01 14:55:24 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 65); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 65, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(25, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-01-01 14:55:24 2001-01-01 14:56:05 2001-01-01 15:05:24 2001-01-02 01:55:24 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setISODate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETTIME(3)