Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query - date command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query - date command Post 302785295 by nag_sathi on Monday 25th of March 2013 09:17:46 AM
Old 03-25-2013
Query - date command

Hi,

I am trying to capture the total run time of a script which contains SQL's by providing date command in top & bottom, it displaying both the times same in top & bottom.However the time in the sql connection is different.Please help.

OS - LINUX
Shell - ksh

Code:
printf "Script Started at $date" >> $LOGFILE
sqlplus userid/pwd test1.sql
sqlplus userid/pwd testn.sql
printf "Script Ended at $date" >> $LOGFILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date change related query

Good day folks, This is my first post on this board and I thank you in advance for helping me with this issue. Any idea how I can synchronize server time with another timeserver but have my server lag behind by 2 seconds? Meaning...I need a simple unix script that I can run as crone that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franklo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date & NUmber Validation Query

Hi Do you have any pointers how to validate numbers (not to contain alphabets and special characters) and date(MM/DD/YYYY) format. I used following regular expression to validate integer, which is not working in the default shell: nodigits="$(echo $testvalue | sed 's/]//g')" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok_jax
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding date field in shell script

Hi, I wrote a simple shell script which accepts the input value yearmonth in the format YYYYMM and displays the date as YYYY-MM-DD.Day will be 01 always.Please find the code below #!/bin/ksh export yearmonth_date=$1 print_usage() { echo "usage: ${0##*/} <yearmonth_date> \n" \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Query

I need to generate a report on the first of each month that will show me how many points are going to expire on a particular scheme for the next three months. The points expiry is not an issue what I have an issue with is finding the command to give me the last day of each month for the current and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
cvm-sql(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						cvm-sql(7)

NAME
cvm-sql - CVM SQL Framework QUERY SUBSTITUTION
$VAR and ${VAR} are replaced with the quoted value of the environment variable named VAR. Use the second form when VAR contains anything other than alpha-numeric or underscore (_) characters. Do not include quotes in the query. The variables account and domain contain the account and domain names given by the CVM client. $$ is replaced with a single dollar sign. QUERY RESULTS
The query must produce the following fields exactly in order. All required fields must not be null or empty. 1. Password, encrypted with crypt(3) (required) 2. Actual account name (required) 3. User ID (integer) (required) 4. Group ID (integer) (required) 5. Directory (required) 6. Real name (optional) 7. Login shell (optional) 8. Group name (optional) 9. Domain name (optional) 10. System account name (optional) 11. System account directory (optional) 12. Mailbox path (optional) DEFAULT QUERY
SELECT password, username, userid, groupid, directory, realname, shell, groupname, domain, sys_username, sys_directory FROM accounts WHERE username=$account AND domain=$domain SEE ALSO
cvm-mysql(8), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-sql(7)