Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to know which user has restarted or shutdown the redhat box? Post 302785133 by redhatlbug on Monday 25th of March 2013 12:46:33 AM
Old 03-25-2013
RedHat How to know which user has restarted or shutdown the redhat box?

hi guys!

I like to know which user has rebooted or shutdown a redhat box ?

the thing is wanted to know the exact user name who has done this action, ofcourse an admin privileged user only can do this. from a list of admin privileged user to find the exact one.

i used to go with last command but no user name is showing.

Thanks inadvance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

CentOS, Fedora & RedHat in 1 box

Hi Linux gurus, My boss had asked me to setup a box consisting of this 3 OS (CentOS, Fedora, RedHat) for autopatching. So, whenever there is new patches for CentOS from the internet, this box will grab it, implement it, if tested ok and approved, the patches will then be push to Production... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
23 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find password for current user in unix box

hi all, kindly let me know the command to get password and user for current user in unix. thanks in advance. --Bali Reddy.Y (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To provide restricted access to certain user's on linux box

Hi, I need to provide execute access to certain users and not to all users For ex: if ther is a file /home/august/aug.sh. and there are user's like jan,feb,mar,april,May and jan is the owner of that box. I need to provide execute access to feb and mar only. I also know the root pwd for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

User addition in Unix box

Hi All, Am using the following command to add a user in Unix box useradd -d <default_path> -g 90 -p <pwd for the user> <user_name> But am getting an error while using this command by root user.Let me know if this cmd is right or else is there any other command to add a user in unix... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

7. Fedora

The user 'sync' and 'shutdown'

there are 'sync' and 'shutdown' users in my /etc/passwd. ... sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync shutdown:x:6:0:shutdown:/sbin:/sbin/shutdown ... What does these mean? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

Authentication Failed Dialog Box on Redhat 4.7

For some reason i cannot login using root or other accounts on my Linux system. When logging in at the main console it says "Authentication failed" in a dialog box with an OK button. The Linux system is Redhat 4.7. I've already checked /etc/pam.d/login, /etc/security/access.conf and ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatuser2012
27 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to shutdown Linux box with user confirmation?

Hi Guru's Am looking for linux reboot command which get executed after user confirmation .Can someone please help me with this.:confused::confused::confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
6 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)