Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading files of different type and same basename Post 302785029 by RudiC on Sunday 24th of March 2013 11:37:52 AM
Old 03-24-2013
Not sure I understand. Why don't you simply call functionA with the .txt file, and then functionB with the .asc file as a parameter?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Type v for generated files

Hi All, I was checking some of the files and I got the following entries:- =============== v, 664, serv, serv, version.txt, exe L, 775, serv, serv, start.sh, eventserv ================ Could someone please tell me what does the type"v" and "L" represent to. I have not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[php] ftp get all files from a certain file type

Hi all, I googled for this kind of function but didn't find anything. I have an FTP connection with a server, went to the dir. In this dir there are several TXT files. I would like to have function that downloads all this files, based on their .txt extension. In bash, for example, simply:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurens
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting older files of a particular type

hi This should be easy but i'm obviously missing something obvious. :) I'm looking to delete files from yesterday and older of extension .txt and there a range of subfolders with these files in them. The command runs but doesn't delete anything. SUSE 10. find /testfolder -maxdepth 2 -type f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmap
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -type d returning files as well as directories

Can anyone see why the following command returns all files and not just the directories as specified? find . -type d -exec ls -F {} \; Also tried find . -type d -name "*" -exec ls -F {} \; find . -type d -name "*" -exec ls -F '{}' \; -print Always returns all files :-\ OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuns99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files of the same type if there are more than 3

hi, I would like to delete files in a folder starting with letters ab and fe and so on. It should only delete if there are more than 3 files of that type in that folder. Please suggest me how to write a script. i am new to this scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sneddy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search in one type of files and replace

I am not sure how to search and replace the word in the few specific files. I need to search and replace word in only the name containing pepsi in the filename. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors trying to use all files of a type

I am trying to create a code that will use all the bam files stored on a separate drive (/media/cmccabe/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9/pool_I_090215), run them in a program that I have changed the directory to, and the output gets re-directed to (/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/pool_I_090215). I have tried the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Latest list of files of each type

find /tmp/testlog/kSR*"_"2018* -type f -printf '%T@ %p\n' | sort -n | tail -3 | cut -f2- -d" " /tmp/testlog/log/KSR04_2018-07-05.log /tmp/testlog/log/KSR04_2018-07-06.log /tmp/testlog/log/KSR01_2018-07-06.log But, I would see the following output(latest files for each KSR tuype) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies
Vend::Ship::Postal(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Vend::Ship::Postal(3pm)

NAME
Vend::Ship::Postal -- Calculate US Postal service international rates SYNOPSIS
(in catalog.cfg) Database usps ship/usps.txt TAB Database air_pp ship/air_pp.txt TAB Database surf_pp ship/surf_pp.txt TAB (in shipping.asc) air_pp: US Postal Air Parcel crit weight min 0 max 0 cost e No shipping needed! at_least 4 adder 1 aggregate 70 table air_pp min 0 max 1000 cost s Postal min 70 max 9999999 cost e Too heavy for Air Parcel surf_pp: US Postal Surface Parcel crit weight min 0 max 0 cost e No shipping needed! at_least 4 adder 1 aggregate 70 table surf_pp min 0 max 1000 cost s Postal min 70 max 9999999 cost e Too heavy for Postal Parcel DESCRIPTION
Looks up a service zone by country in the "usps" table, then looks in the appropriate rate table for a price by that zone. Can aggregate shipments greater than 70 pounds by assuming you will ship multiple 70-pound packages (plus one package with the remainder). perl v5.14.2 2010-03-25 Vend::Ship::Postal(3pm)