Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading files of different type and same basename Post 302785029 by RudiC on Sunday 24th of March 2013 11:37:52 AM
Old 03-24-2013
Not sure I understand. Why don't you simply call functionA with the .txt file, and then functionB with the .asc file as a parameter?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Type v for generated files

Hi All, I was checking some of the files and I got the following entries:- =============== v, 664, serv, serv, version.txt, exe L, 775, serv, serv, start.sh, eventserv ================ Could someone please tell me what does the type"v" and "L" represent to. I have not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[php] ftp get all files from a certain file type

Hi all, I googled for this kind of function but didn't find anything. I have an FTP connection with a server, went to the dir. In this dir there are several TXT files. I would like to have function that downloads all this files, based on their .txt extension. In bash, for example, simply:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurens
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting older files of a particular type

hi This should be easy but i'm obviously missing something obvious. :) I'm looking to delete files from yesterday and older of extension .txt and there a range of subfolders with these files in them. The command runs but doesn't delete anything. SUSE 10. find /testfolder -maxdepth 2 -type f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmap
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -type d returning files as well as directories

Can anyone see why the following command returns all files and not just the directories as specified? find . -type d -exec ls -F {} \; Also tried find . -type d -name "*" -exec ls -F {} \; find . -type d -name "*" -exec ls -F '{}' \; -print Always returns all files :-\ OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuns99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files of the same type if there are more than 3

hi, I would like to delete files in a folder starting with letters ab and fe and so on. It should only delete if there are more than 3 files of that type in that folder. Please suggest me how to write a script. i am new to this scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sneddy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search in one type of files and replace

I am not sure how to search and replace the word in the few specific files. I need to search and replace word in only the name containing pepsi in the filename. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors trying to use all files of a type

I am trying to create a code that will use all the bam files stored on a separate drive (/media/cmccabe/C2F8EFBFF8EFAFB9/pool_I_090215), run them in a program that I have changed the directory to, and the output gets re-directed to (/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/pool_I_090215). I have tried the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Latest list of files of each type

find /tmp/testlog/kSR*"_"2018* -type f -printf '%T@ %p\n' | sort -n | tail -3 | cut -f2- -d" " /tmp/testlog/log/KSR04_2018-07-05.log /tmp/testlog/log/KSR04_2018-07-06.log /tmp/testlog/log/KSR01_2018-07-06.log But, I would see the following output(latest files for each KSR tuype) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies
xlhtml(1)						      General Commands Manual							 xlhtml(1)

NAME
xlhtml - A program for converting Microsoft Excel Files .xls SYNOPSIS
xlhtml [-a] [-asc] [-csv] [-xml] [-bcNNNNNN] [-bi/path] [-c] [-dp] [-v] [-fw] [-m] [-nc] [-nh] [-tcNNNNNN] [-te] [-xc:N-N] [-xp:N] [-xr:N- N] FILE DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the xlhtml program. The program xlhtml is used to convert Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet files into either html or tab delimitted ASCII. The program can be interfaced with helper scripts for viewing email attachments. Most use of this program is through the helper scripts and one would probably rarely resort to using the commandline interface. OPTIONS
-a aggressively optimize html by removing </TR> </TD> or VALIGN="bottom". Some older browsers may not display properly in this mode. -asc Ascii out of -dp and extraction data (-xc, -xp, -xr) -csv Output in Comma Separated Values of -dp and extraction data (-xc, -xp, -xr) -xml Output in XML of -dp and extraction data (-xc, -xp, -xr) -bc Override the background color. e.g. -bc808080 for gray -bi Use background image. e.g. -bi/home/httpd/icon/tar.gif -c Centers the tables horizontally -dp Dump page count and max columns and rows per page -v Prints program version -fw suppress formula warnings about accuracy -m No encoding for multibyte -nc tells it not to colorize the output. -nh Suppress header and body tags in html output -tc Override the text color. e.g. -tcFF0000 for red -te Trims empty rows & columns at the edges of a worksheet -xc Columns (separated by a dash) for extraction (zero based) -xp Page for extraction (zero based), one page only -xr Rows (separated by a dash) to be extracted (zero based) An example of the extraction command line is: xlhtml -fw -asc -xp:0 -xr:2-6 -xc:0-1 Test.xls The extraction output is: Formatted output of cells by column left to right, columns separated by a tab, end of row is: 0x0A, end of file: AUTHOR
Steve Grubb, Charles N Wyble xlhtml May 15, 2002 xlhtml(1)