Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conversion batch shell script Post 302784949 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 23rd of March 2013 10:07:41 PM
Old 03-23-2013
This does not make sense: the \ character and D: are all windows related. rm is a UNIX command. So this is a mixture and would not have run anywhere.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch command in a shell script

How do I execute a batch command from a script, which "waits" with the next command until the first one has finished? ======= A piece of my script looks like this: #!/bin/sh (...) # run a long batch job: ./run_calculation.sh # then rename resulting file: mv output.dat backup.dat (...) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivvo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to bash conversion

Hi, I am just trying to convert the batch script to bash script and i am stuck at one point where I have the below code for /f "delims=" %%a in (a.txt) do ( for /f "tokens=1,2,3* delims==" %%i in ("%%a") do ( for /f "tokens=1,2,3* delims= " %%x in ("%%i") do ( if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script from batch file

Hi, I am a junior dba and started carrier very new. I have a batch file to create some script of db creation. I want that batch file to convert in .sh file so that I can directly run that in the AIX box to generate those files. Please help me with the code for AIX. Batch file is here: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_aix
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to shell script conversion

Hi All, I have a small tool which is currently configured in batch scripts only. But my need is to run it on Linux platform, so I have been trying to convert a batch script to shell script. below is the batch script: @echo off IF "%1"== "" GOTO ARGERR REM UPDATE THESE PROPERTIES TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting the following batch script to Linux shell

I am currently migrating to ubuntu from my windows system. Now I am learing to convert all my batch scripts into linux shell. Although the common commands are more or less similar, but I found it difficult for the following set of commands in windows cmd: setlocal :PROMPT SET /P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net.genere
2 Replies
scsi_arq_status(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				       scsi_arq_status(9S)

NAME
scsi_arq_status - SCSI auto request sense structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
When auto request sense has been enabled using scsi_ifsetcap(9F) and the "auto-rqsense" capability, the target driver must allocate a sta- tus area in the SCSI packet structure for the auto request sense structure (see scsi_pkt(9S)). In the event of a check condition, the transport layer automatically executes a request sense command. This check ensures that the request sense information does not get lost. The auto request sense structure supplies the SCSI status of the original command, the transport information pertaining to the request sense command, and the request sense data. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_status sts_status; /* SCSI status */ struct scsi_status sts_rqpkt_status; /* SCSI status of request sense cmd */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_reason; /* reason completion */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_resid; /* residue */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_state; /* state of command */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_statistics; /* statistics */ struct scsi_extended_sense sts_sensedata; /* actual sense data */ sts_status is the SCSI status of the original command. If the status indicates a check condition, the transport layer might have performed an auto request sense command. sts_rqpkt_status is the SCSI status of the request sense command. sts_rqpkt_reason is the completion reason of the request sense command. If the reason is not CMD_CMPLT, then the request sense command did not complete normally. sts_rqpkt_resid is the residual count of the data transfer and indicates the number of data bytes that have not been transferred. The auto request sense command requests SENSE_LENGTH bytes. sts_rqpkt_state has bit positions representing the five most important statuses that a SCSI command can go obtain. sts_rqpkt_statistics maintains transport-related statistics of the request sense command. sts_sensedata contains the actual sense data if the request sense command completed normally. SEE ALSO
scsi_ifgetcap(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 1996 scsi_arq_status(9S)