Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pull out multiple lines with grep patternfile Post 302784853 by RudiC on Saturday 23rd of March 2013 07:51:31 AM
Old 03-23-2013
Hw abt wrt n pln Nglsh?

Nd, dnt hijack oths' threads!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep on multiple lines

I 'm trying to grep 2 fieldds on 2 differnt lines. Like this: psit > file egrep -e '(NS|ES)' $file. Not working. If this succeeds then run next cmd else exit. Pls Help Gundu (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple lines

Hey guys: I've been meaning to post this question for awhile...it is regarding grep. Let's say for example that the following entry is in logxx: Wed Feb 2 07:44:11 <vsm> 91030 Line 5 Severity 1 Vps 6 Call Answered - DN:8753101 CLID:5164665761 PI:83 If I do a grep 91030... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
27 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple lines

Hi. I have this format on a textfile: VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Name /dev/dsk/c16t0d0 PV Name /dev/dsk/c18t0d0 PV Name /dev/dsk/c16t4d0 VG Name /dev/vg01 PV Name ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you use pull data from multiple lines to do a for statement?

Guys I am having a problem with being able to find missing monitors in a configuration check script I am trying to create for accountability purposes for managing a large number of systems. What I am trying to do is run a script that will look at the raw config data in a file and pull all the pool... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep in multiple lines

hi i have kind of below text in a file. I want to get a complete paragraph starting with START and ending with before another START) which has a particular string say XYZ or ABC START XYZ hshjghkjh 45 ljkfd fldjlj d jldf START 3493u ABC 454 4545454 4545454 45454 4545454 START ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep across multiple lines

How do you grep 'select * from table_name' string from a script if the select * and from table_name are on 2 different lines ? like select * from table_name Any help would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks RDR (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDR
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep first occurrence but continue to next entry in patternfile

I have 1300 files (SearchFiles0001.txt, SearchFiles0002.txt, etc.) , each with 650,000 lines, tab-delimited data. I have a pattern file, with about 1000 lines with a single word. Each single word is found in the 1300 files once. If I grep -f PatternFile.txt SearchFiles*.txt >OutputFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newhavendweeb
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple lines

I want to grep multiple lines from a text file. I want to grep all lines containing X,Y and NA in a single command. How do I go about doing that? This is what my text files look like: rs1983866 0.0983 10 100016313 rs1983865 0.5994 X 100016339 rs1983864 0.3272 11 100017453 rs7077266... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use grep to pull incremental data and send to multiple files?

Hi Everyone, Im currently using the below code to pull data from a large CSV file and put it into smaller files with just the data associated with the number that I "grep". grep 'M053' test.csv > test053.csv Is there a way that I can use grep to run through my file like the example below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheStruggle
6 Replies
td_ta_get_nthreads(3C_DB)				Threads Debugging Library Functions				 td_ta_get_nthreads(3C_DB)

NAME
td_ta_get_nthreads - gets the total number of threads in a process for libc_db SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lc_db [ library... ] #include <proc_service.h> #include <thread_db.h> td_err_e td_ta_get_nthreads(const td_thragent_t *ta_p, int *nthread_p); DESCRIPTION
The td_ta_get_nthreads() function returns the total number of threads in process ta_p, including any system threads. System threads are those created by libc or libc_db on its own behalf. The number of threads is written into *nthread_p. RETURN VALUES
TD_OK The call completed successfully. TD_BADTA An invalid internal process handle was passed in. TD_BADPH There is a NULL external process handle associated with this internal process handle. TD_DBERR A call to one of the imported interface routines failed. TD_ERR The nthread_p argument was NULL, or a libc_db internal error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libc_db(3LIB), attributes(5), threads(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 1998 td_ta_get_nthreads(3C_DB)