Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in UNIX script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in UNIX script Post 302784845 by sourabh.chhabra on Saturday 23rd of March 2013 07:41:23 AM
Old 03-23-2013
Line 114 is .from where Nicsftp() function starts that is Nicsftp().
Initialy when i run after distributing the script. There were approx 10-12 more errors in script befor Nicsftp() function. That was because of space between the lines. So i removed the spaces between two lines. Now i am getting only this error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to fire a PL/SQL thro Unix Script

hi , I tried running a PL/SQL script through unix shell script. But am getting the following error. "Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus " Kindly suggest. Regards, Samit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcefully throwing error : unix script

how can i make one script fail if some condition is not satisfied.i m writing if ..else logic in script.i need some standard command to do that ,, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Unix Script

Hi! Following is the script to find the number of users and the total space consumed by them in the directory But I am getting few errors Pls help me data=`ls -lt $1 |tr -t |tr -s '\t'|cut -f3,5` count=0 flag=1 sum=0 users_flag=1 check=0 declare -a users for a in $data do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyrules
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in Unix Shell Script

I am trying to run a unix script in my home directory.Snippet below echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'` Getting ProductList.dat" if ( -f $DIR/ProductList.dat) then cp $DIR/ProductList.dat MigratedProductList.dat else echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`ProductList.dat does not exist; Processing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary James
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Error in Script

When i run a script in linux. It shows the following error. 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: syntax error near unexpected token ` 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: `Nicsftp() My Script is as follows: #!/bin/bash #### Copyright Notice: #### #### Copyright (c) 2007 Network Intelligence Corporation ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabh.chhabra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script error: not found

Hello All, I'm working on one Unix shell sript that will actually extract a column data from Oracle table using sqlplus and writes onto a file. I'm getting this error when executing the shell script: rpt.ksh: ^JScott: not found Below is the code in the shell script: `sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

Greeting!! I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message. I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - differential file comparator SYNOPSIS
diff [ -acefmnbwr ] file1 ... file2 DESCRIPTION
Diff tells what lines must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement. If one file is a directory, then a file in that directory with basename the same as that of the other file is used. If both files are directories, similarly named files in the two directories are compared by the method of diff for text files and cmp(1) otherwise. If more than two file names are given, then each argument is compared to the last argument as above. The -r option causes diff to process similarly named subdirectories recursively. When processing more than one file, diff prefixes file differences with a single line listing the two differing files, in the form of a diff command line. The -m flag causes this behavior even when processing single files. The normal output contains lines of these forms: n1 a n3,n4 n1,n2 d n3 n1,n2 c n3,n4 These lines resemble ed commands to convert file1 into file2. The numbers after the letters pertain to file2. In fact, by exchanging `a' for `d' and reading backward one may ascertain equally how to convert file2 into file1. As in ed, identical pairs where n1 = n2 or n3 = n4 are abbreviated as a single number. Following each of these lines come all the lines that are affected in the first file flagged by `<', then all the lines that are affected in the second file flagged by `>'. The -b option causes trailing blanks (spaces and tabs) to be ignored and other strings of blanks to compare equal. The -w option causes all white-space to be removed from input lines before applying the difference algorithm. The -n option prefixes each range with file: and inserts a space around the a, c, and d verbs. The -e option produces a script of a, c and d commands for the editor ed, which will recreate file2 from file1. The -f option produces a similar script, not useful with ed, in the opposite order. It may, however, be useful as input to a stream-oriented post-processor. The -c option includes three lines of context around each change, merging changes whose contexts overlap. The -a flag displays the entire file as context. Except in rare circumstances, diff finds a smallest sufficient set of file differences. FILES
/tmp/diff[12] SOURCE
/src/cmd/diff SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), ed(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is the empty string for no differences, for some, and for trouble. BUGS
Editing scripts produced under the -e or -f option are naive about creating lines consisting of a single `.'. When running diff on directories, the notion of what is a text file is open to debate. DIFF(1)