Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Multiple pconsole processes spawning indefinetly Post 302784545 by Janpol on Friday 22nd of March 2013 12:14:01 PM
Old 03-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFelt
Curiosity killed the cat - so I am asking what did you change, what did you set back.
I've just removed all my custom authorizations (rmsecattr, rmauth) and then updated the kernel tables (setkst).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

spawning multiple processes spread across two files

I want to spawn n child processes but have two different classes..with the foremost one forking/spawning the child process and the latter performing a function w/ the spawned processes. I can do this in one class with an if statement and the simple if((pid=fork())==0) //child process { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StrengthThaDon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning multiple threads in Unix

Hi, I need to spawn mutilpe threads , each invoking a different set of shell scripts, in parallel. What would be the best way to do that. Any sample script would greatly help. I am a novice at Unix so any help is much appreciated. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab spawning multiple at processes

Hi - I need help. My user crontab is spawning multiple at processes (and multiple mencoder program starts, that exit, then restart, repeatedly), locking up my system. For example I have this entry in my crontab: $ sudo crontab -u victoria -e * * * * * ~/recordings/pvr1 * * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple processes overlap

Hello I've got a script that creates multiple processes, in ksh, to bcp out 6 tables at a time. In the script, we write messages to the log to show our progress; most of the time, the log messages are nice and neat with one per line, like they should be. But every once in awhile, at random, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! imapd is spawning multiple processes, all of a sudden, for no reason!

Hi All, I need some assistance, if possible... Our IMAP server has recently (as of 10:30 GMT today) started spawning multiple processes for no reason! This is causing the mail server's load average to increase continually until the whole machine grinds to a halt. Here is a typical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
0 Replies

6. AIX

pconsole process hogging

AIX6.1 in topas 'pconsole" processing utilization showing high (48.1 %) in pgsp column what is pconsole process, can kill it Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill multiple processes by name

Want to kill multiple processes by name. for the example below, I want to kill all 'proxy-stagerd_copy' processes. I tried this but didn't work: >> ps -ef|grep proxy_copy root 991 986 0 14:45:34 ? 0:04 proxy-stagerd root 1003 991 0 14:45:49 ? 0:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help ps -e on multiple processes

:)Hi there, I am new to scripting and wanted to see if someone can show me how to grep on multiple processes and send the output to a file in /home/mydir/output. I am aware of ps -ef | grep on 1 process but need help looking up multiple processes, can you use this command ps -elf | grep |pid1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies
cimauth(8)																cimauth(8)

NAME
cimauth - add, modify, remove, or list CIM namespace authorizations of users SYNOPSIS
cimauth -a -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -m -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -r -u username [ -n namespace ] cimauth -l cimauth -h cimauth --help cimauth --version DESCRIPTION
The cimauth command manages read and write CIM namespace authorizations of users. The operations are executed on the local host by submit- ting requests to the CIM Server. If the value of the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization is True , the CIM Server restricts access to namespaces based on user authorizations configured via cimauth . Changes to "Dynamic" authorization parameters does not require the CIM Server to be restarted. "Non Dynamic" configuration properties (E.g. enableNamespaceAuthorization ) can only be set as planned configuration and the CIM Server needs to be restarted to realize the change. (See cimconfig (8) for information on configuring the CIM Server.) Options The cimauth command recognizes the following options: -a Adds read and/or write authorizations to the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, adds a read authorization by default. -h, --help Display command usage information. -l Lists all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. -m Modifies authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, modifies the authorization to be a read authorization by default. -n namespace Specifies the R namespace for the operation. -r Removes authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If no namespaces are specified, removes authorizations on all namespaces for the specified user. -R Specifies read authorization on the namespace. -u username Specifies the user for the operation. The specified R username must represent a valid user on the local host. --version Display CIM Server version number. -W Specifies write authorization on the namespace. EXIT STATUS
When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. The following return values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Error USAGE NOTE
The cimauth command requires that the CIM Server is running. EXAMPLES
Add read authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/cimv2". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/cimv2 -R Add read and write authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/system -R -W Modify authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system" to read only. cimauth -m -u guest -n root/system -R Remove the authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -r -u guest -n root/system List all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. cimauth -l SEE ALSO
cimserver(8), cimconfig(8). cimauth(8)