Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable snmpd for good
Operating Systems AIX Disable snmpd for good Post 302784535 by MichaelFelt on Friday 22nd of March 2013 11:53:34 AM
Old 03-22-2013
I would run chmod 0 on the actual programs:
Code:
# ls -l /usr/sbin/snmpd*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system      9 Oct 18 18:59 /usr/sbin/snmpd -> snmpdv3ne
-rwxr-x--- 1 root system 363992 Oct  2 21:51 /usr/sbin/snmpd64v1
-rwxr-x--- 1 root system 335192 Oct  2 21:52 /usr/sbin/snmpdv1
-rwxr-x--- 1 root system 336148 Nov 16  2011 /usr/sbin/snmpdv3ne

better would be to customize aixpert to use
Code:
fpm

to do that for you.

p.s., you could move the originals away and write a script/program to tell you who/what is trying to start it. I would expect it to be something super-user powered.

As you have spoken about RBAC check that noone has authorization to start it anyway.

Code:
michael@x054:[/home/michael]lssecattr -c /usr/sbin/snmpdv3ne
/usr/sbin/snmpdv3ne accessauths=aix.network.daemon,ALLOW_OWNER innateprivs=PV_NET_PORT,PV_DAC_R,PV_DAC_W,PV_DAC_X,PV_DAC_GID,PV_DAC_UID,PV_PROC_RAC secflags=FSF_EPS

This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmpd daemon error

Good day I always find these error messages on /var/adm/messages it appear every 15 mn , does any body know how to stop these messages without stopping the daemon , i tried to restart the daemon by uising Kill -HUP 332 please find below the error messages that appear always in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
1 Replies

2. AIX

snmpd modification problem

Hi Gurus, I am relatively new in AIX. I have a problem in modifying the community string in snmpd. I have edited the /etc/snmpd.conf file and changed the default community name 'public' to new one (P@@$w0rd). When I tried to query my aix server with the new string , it is not giving any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helloajith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mrtg+snmpd count traffic

i just wonder how to count total traffic and traffic on specified ports (e.g. 192.168.0.1:139 and etc.. ). How can it be done? (FreeBSD 6.2 i386) Thx. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hachik
5 Replies

4. Linux

Snmpd

Hello to all. For setting my MRTG i want get snmp-info with LAN interface eth0 but information about snmpd daemon very small :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
0 Replies

5. Solaris

snmpd manager question

Solaris 8 I have a question about snmpd. My software is running on one box. This box has 2 snmp managers. Is it possible to configure snmpd on my software box such that only one of the managers can perform snmpsets? I want my *redundant* snmp manager only to be able receive traps and do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

SNMPD: need a little help.

Hi there all, I am running here an HP UX 11i v1. I got snmpd running here now. But how do I configure it so it also shows the HD's and swap and RAM's? So I can get the info back to Solarwinds Orion? All I get now is network card status. I want as many info as posible.. Thanx and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

AIX - snmpd version

Hi, I have a P595 server with AIX 5.3 and i need to know what version of snmpd i use on this: Example: On solaris i use Net-snmpd 5.4.2.1 (netsnmp-5.4.2.1-sol9-sparc-local) because i can see the package. How can i see what snmpd package is installed on the AIX? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmpd dying on centos7.1

Hello All, SNMPD dying after 2 mins once it started. Here is the configuration Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost systemd: Starting Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Daemon.... Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost snmpd: dlopen failed: /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekar777
1 Replies
cfgadm_cardbus(1M)					  System Administration Commands					cfgadm_cardbus(1M)

NAME
cfgadm_cardbus - cardbus hardware specific commands for cfgadm SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfgadm [-f ] [-y | -n ] [-v] [-o hardware_options] -c function ap_id [ap_id] /usr/sbin/cfgadm [-f ] [-y | -n ] [-v] [-o hardware_options] -x hardware_function ap_id [ap_id] /usr/sbin/cfgadm [-v] [-s listing_options] [-o hardware_options] [-l [ap_id | ap_type]] /usr/sbin/cfgadm [-v] [-o harware_options] -t ap_id [ap_id] /usr/sbin/cfgadm [-v] [-o hardware_function] -h [ap_id| ap_type] DESCRIPTION
The CardBus slots in Solaris are hot plug capable. This capability is supported by the PCI hardware specific library /usr/lib/cfgadm/pci.so.1 through the cfgadm command (see cfgadm(1M)). The hot plug administrative models between CardBus, PCI, CompactPCI, and PCI Express operate the same fashion. Please refer to cfgadm_pci(1M) for the usage information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm(1M), config_admin(3CFGADM), libcfgadm(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 July 2006 cfgadm_cardbus(1M)