Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep multiple values
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep multiple values Post 302784531 by Linusolaradm1 on Friday 22nd of March 2013 11:51:49 AM
Old 03-22-2013
Grep multiple values

This

Code:
for i in /dev/disco/*;do lvdisplay $i|grep -i size;done

Return me every size of lvm in vg "disco"
I want to return me,the size and the name of lvm,how to do this?
Thanks

Last edited by radoulov; 03-22-2013 at 12:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a list of values

Hi everybody! :) :D :D :) it's great to be here since this is my first post. touch /base/oracle/FRA/XMUT00/RMAN_FLAG touch /base/oracle/FRA/XRLL00/RMAN_FLAG find directory name containing RMAN_FLAG : $ find /base/oracle/FRA -name RMAN_FLAG -print|xargs -n1 dirname |sort -u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolan_louve
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep using ASCII values

machine: HPUX file: a.dat contents: decimal 1 decimal 2 string 1 string 2 ASCII value of 'd': 100. to grep lines that have 'd', I use the following command grep d a.dat My requirement: I should grep for lines that contain 'd'. But I should use ASCII value of 'd' in the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriksama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep two values together.

Hi... I have a file abc.txt , havin more then 10,000 lines, each field separated by '#'. I want to grep 9914699895 and 999 from abc.txt I am trying cat abc.txt | grep 9914699895 | grep 999 but i am also getting data like 9991111111 or 9991010101 I want to grep "999" exactly and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do you [e]grep for multiple values within multiple files?

Hi I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I ran out of caffeine/talent before getting the answer in a long winded alternate way (don't ask ;) ) The task I was trying to do was scan a directory of files and show only files that contained 3 values: I940 5433309 2181 I tried many variations... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callumw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple strings in multiple files

Hi, every one! I have a file with multiple strings. file1 ATQRGNE ASQGVKFTE ASSQYRDRGGLET SPEQGARSDE ASSRDFTDT ASSYSGGYE ASSYTRLWNTGE ASQGHNTD PSLGGGNQPQH SLDRDSYNEQF I want to grep each string in hundreds of files in the same directory, further, I want to find out the string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies
LVSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVSCAN(8)

NAME
lvscan - scan (all disks) for Logical Volumes SYNOPSIS
lvscan [-a|--all] [-b|--blockdevice] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
lvscan scans all known volume groups or all supported LVM block devices in the system for defined Logical Volumes. The output consists of one line for each Logical Volume indicating whether or not it is active, a snapshot or origin, the size of the device and its allocation policy. Use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain more-comprehensive information about the Logical Volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -b, --blockdevice This option is now ignored. Instead, use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain the device number. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8) lvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVSCAN(8)