Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Multiple pconsole processes spawning indefinetly Post 302784493 by MichaelFelt on Friday 22nd of March 2013 11:08:02 AM
Old 03-22-2013
Curiosity killed the cat - so I am asking what did you change, what did you set back.

If you want to use RBAC and pconsole you might be able to setup some RBAC for a user.

In any case, you need to let pconsole (if you were planning on using that) create the role for a user (normally pcon_username) for roles needed while using pconsole (or pcons_username - I forget).

The SYSTEM parameter in /etc/security/user should make sure that LDAP is used for login, so username/password is stored in LDAP - while having an additional definition of the USER (will need to run mkuser -R files id=NNN pgid=GGG) to create the user in the local registery.

lsuser username will tell you how AIX sees the user after login.
lsuser -R files username (AIX view local files only)
lsuser -R LDAP username (AIX view using LDAP information only - I think. If it is giving information that is not in AD then it is still going to the files are to fill in blanks (in particular the default: stanzas in /etc/security/*).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

spawning multiple processes spread across two files

I want to spawn n child processes but have two different classes..with the foremost one forking/spawning the child process and the latter performing a function w/ the spawned processes. I can do this in one class with an if statement and the simple if((pid=fork())==0) //child process { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StrengthThaDon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning multiple threads in Unix

Hi, I need to spawn mutilpe threads , each invoking a different set of shell scripts, in parallel. What would be the best way to do that. Any sample script would greatly help. I am a novice at Unix so any help is much appreciated. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab spawning multiple at processes

Hi - I need help. My user crontab is spawning multiple at processes (and multiple mencoder program starts, that exit, then restart, repeatedly), locking up my system. For example I have this entry in my crontab: $ sudo crontab -u victoria -e * * * * * ~/recordings/pvr1 * * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple processes overlap

Hello I've got a script that creates multiple processes, in ksh, to bcp out 6 tables at a time. In the script, we write messages to the log to show our progress; most of the time, the log messages are nice and neat with one per line, like they should be. But every once in awhile, at random, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! imapd is spawning multiple processes, all of a sudden, for no reason!

Hi All, I need some assistance, if possible... Our IMAP server has recently (as of 10:30 GMT today) started spawning multiple processes for no reason! This is causing the mail server's load average to increase continually until the whole machine grinds to a halt. Here is a typical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
0 Replies

6. AIX

pconsole process hogging

AIX6.1 in topas 'pconsole" processing utilization showing high (48.1 %) in pgsp column what is pconsole process, can kill it Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill multiple processes by name

Want to kill multiple processes by name. for the example below, I want to kill all 'proxy-stagerd_copy' processes. I tried this but didn't work: >> ps -ef|grep proxy_copy root 991 986 0 14:45:34 ? 0:04 proxy-stagerd root 1003 991 0 14:45:49 ? 0:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help ps -e on multiple processes

:)Hi there, I am new to scripting and wanted to see if someone can show me how to grep on multiple processes and send the output to a file in /home/mydir/output. I am aware of ps -ef | grep on 1 process but need help looking up multiple processes, can you use this command ps -elf | grep |pid1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies
roles(1)							   User Commands							  roles(1)

NAME
roles - print roles granted to a user SYNOPSIS
roles [ user ...] DESCRIPTION
The command roles prints on standard output the roles that you or the optionally-specified user have been granted. Roles are special accounts that correspond to a functional responsibility rather than to an actual person (referred to as a normal user). Each user may have zero or more roles. Roles have most of the attributes of normal users and are identified like normal users in passwd(4) and shadow(4). Each role must have an entry in the user_attr(4) file that identifies it as a role. Roles can have their own authorizations and profiles. See auths(1) and profiles(1). Roles are not allowed to log into a system as a primary user. Instead, a user must log in as him-- or herself and assume the role. The actions of a role are attributable to the normal user. When auditing is enabled, the audited events of the role contain the audit ID of the original user who assumed the role. A role may not assume itself or any other role. Roles are not hierarchical. However, rights profiles (see prof_attr(4)) are hierarchical and can be used to achieve the same effect as hierarchical roles. Roles must have valid passwords and one of the shells that interprets profiles: either pfcsh, pfksh, or pfsh. See pfexec(1). Role assumption may be performed using su(1M), rlogin(1), or some other service that supports the PAM_RUSER variable. Successful assumption requires knowledge of the role's password and membership in the role. Role assignments are specified in user_attr(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output The output of the roles command has the following form: example% roles tester01 tester02 tester01 : admin tester02 : secadmin, root example% EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auths(1), pfexec(1), profiles(1), rlogin(1), su(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), auth_attr(4), passwd(4), prof_attr(4), shadow(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Feb 2001 roles(1)