Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Multiple pconsole processes spawning indefinetly Post 302784439 by jim mcnamara on Friday 22nd of March 2013 07:49:27 AM
Old 03-22-2013
Thanks for posting the solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

spawning multiple processes spread across two files

I want to spawn n child processes but have two different classes..with the foremost one forking/spawning the child process and the latter performing a function w/ the spawned processes. I can do this in one class with an if statement and the simple if((pid=fork())==0) //child process { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: StrengthThaDon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning multiple threads in Unix

Hi, I need to spawn mutilpe threads , each invoking a different set of shell scripts, in parallel. What would be the best way to do that. Any sample script would greatly help. I am a novice at Unix so any help is much appreciated. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab spawning multiple at processes

Hi - I need help. My user crontab is spawning multiple at processes (and multiple mencoder program starts, that exit, then restart, repeatedly), locking up my system. For example I have this entry in my crontab: $ sudo crontab -u victoria -e * * * * * ~/recordings/pvr1 * * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple processes overlap

Hello I've got a script that creates multiple processes, in ksh, to bcp out 6 tables at a time. In the script, we write messages to the log to show our progress; most of the time, the log messages are nice and neat with one per line, like they should be. But every once in awhile, at random, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! imapd is spawning multiple processes, all of a sudden, for no reason!

Hi All, I need some assistance, if possible... Our IMAP server has recently (as of 10:30 GMT today) started spawning multiple processes for no reason! This is causing the mail server's load average to increase continually until the whole machine grinds to a halt. Here is a typical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
0 Replies

6. AIX

pconsole process hogging

AIX6.1 in topas 'pconsole" processing utilization showing high (48.1 %) in pgsp column what is pconsole process, can kill it Thanks in Advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill multiple processes by name

Want to kill multiple processes by name. for the example below, I want to kill all 'proxy-stagerd_copy' processes. I tried this but didn't work: >> ps -ef|grep proxy_copy root 991 986 0 14:45:34 ? 0:04 proxy-stagerd root 1003 991 0 14:45:49 ? 0:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help ps -e on multiple processes

:)Hi there, I am new to scripting and wanted to see if someone can show me how to grep on multiple processes and send the output to a file in /home/mydir/output. I am aware of ps -ef | grep on 1 process but need help looking up multiple processes, can you use this command ps -elf | grep |pid1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies
snntpd,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  snntpd,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snntpd - small news server SYNOPSIS
snntpd [-t timeout] [-P] [-S] [logger...] DESCRIPTION
snntpd is a small news server. It needs to be run under inetd or tcpserver, as root or as the owner of /var/spool/sn. snntpd does not fork into the background. It expects to read and write from and to the network on descriptors 0 and 1. ARGUMENTS
logger... (usually /usr/bin/logger) is taken to be a logging program, and all log output is piped to it. If logger... is not specified, log messages are directed to descriptor 2. OPTIONS
-t timeout specifies how long snntpd should wait for input before it gives up and exits. timeout is in seconds and defaults to 600. -P snntpd includes it's pid in log output. -S Suppress NNTP greeting on startup. This is useful if you want to perform authentication before running snntpd, or want to provide your own greeting, from a wrapper. POSTING AND POSTING PERMISSIONS
Posts are usually handled externally by the /usr/sbin/SNPOST script, which is responsible for fine-grain posting control; handling of con- trol messages; and the ultimate distribution of the posted article. snntpd permits or denies posting in a very simple manner: If /var/spool/sn/.nopost exists, posting is not allowed. Otherwise, if the environment variable POSTING_OK is not set, posting is not allowed. Otherwise if POSTING_OK is set (to the empty string), posting is generally allowed, and all POSTed articles are piped to the SNPOST script, which has the final say in the matter. The value of $POSTING_OK is not currently used, but is reserved. FILES
/var/spool/sn/.fifo If this file exists, and is a fifo, snntpd will write the name of a newsgroup into it as that newsgroup becomes the current one. If the fifo does not exist snntpd will not create it. /var/spool/sn/.noservice If this file exists, snntpd will display its first line and exit. If the file can't be read or is empty, a default message is dis- played. This is useful for temporarily disabling the news server while you perform any maintenance. /var/spool/sn/.nopost See POSTING PERMISSIONS above. /var/spool/sn/.SNPOST If this script or program exists, it is invoked instead of SNPOST to accept a posted article. /var/spool/sn/news.group.name/.nopost These files really belong to SNPOST, and it is unfortunate that snntpd has to check for their existence to determine the posting flag for the LIST command. See /usr/sbin/SNPOST. /var/spool/sn/news.group.name/.info If this file exists, its first line is taken as the description of that group for use with the LIST NEWSGROUPS command. /var/spool/sn/news.group.name/.times is a binary file containing entry times, to support the NEWNEWS command. /var/spool/sn/news.group.name/.created is an empty file retained for it's timestamp, to support the NEWGROUPS command. SIGNALS
If snntpd catches SIGHUP, the files /var/spool/sn/{.fifo,.noservice,.nopost} (see below) are checked again, as they are during startup. Other signals have default behaviour. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See also /usr/sbin/SNPOST for a list of environment variables exported by snntpd. PATH The PATH must be set such that snntpd can find SNPOST in order to accept postings. If PATH does not include /usr/sbin, /usr/sbin will be appended to it. POSTING_OK This variable helps determine the site-wide posting policy. See POSTING PERMISSIONS above. TCPREMOTEIP If this value is set, it is taken to be the dotted-quad IP address of the connecting client. If it is not set, snntpd attempts to derive it for itself, and then set its value. TCPLOCALIP as above, but for the server's dotted-quad IP. SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used everywhere in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. SEE ALSO
snsend(8), /usr/sbin/SNPOST N.B. Harold Tay snntpd,v0.3.8(8)