Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get connection count over a period of time Post 302784365 by anil510 on Friday 22nd of March 2013 04:25:35 AM
Old 03-22-2013
Get connection count over a period of time

I used this script to get the connection to a domain in two specific minutes. I need to extend to give result over a range of minutes.

The below gives total number of connections in the minutes 00:40 and 01:13 on 22nd March.

Code:
 egrep "22/Mar/2013:00:40|22/Mar/2013:01:13" /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com  | cut -d[ -f2 | cut -d] -f1 | awk -F: '{print $2":"$3}' | sort -nk1 -nk2 | uniq -c | sed 's/[ ]*//'
5 00:40
1 01:13

I need the script print number of connections in each minute from 00:40 and 01:13

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run job for a period of time

I have a job that runs for an unspecified amount of time. I want to run this as a cron job for a specified amount of time, say 2 hours. Once the time is up, the program should be killed in the middle of execution. How can I do this? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining load average over a period of time

How can i determine the load average of a centos server for the last 1 hour? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

3. AIX

Read input data within a specified period of time

Hi All, I am working on a script which requires an input from user within one 1 min. So if the user gives the required input within 1 min., it will execute on the basis of input provided by the user.Other wise it will execute on a default value(hard coded inside the script). Now, I am... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time Period in Scripting

Hi all, now i am writting one bash script. in that my requirement is i need to create one directory and that the directory details to be stored in one file Ex. date/time and all in one file. after that i need to delete the folder automatically exactly after 3months. between these time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep /target greater than time period??

Hey guys, I'm fairly new at unix shell scripting and I have a quick question. Quick overview I devolped a script where I generate a file ..and I want to grep any time greater than 30 minutes. What i do is runa command to generates the below and puts it into a file: I run ./ggsci << endit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomiezvr4
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start Time and period of a PID

Hi, Below is my OS details. uname -an SunOS mymachine 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 I need to know when was my Apache server last started. Whats is the best and most reliable way to find out not just for Apache but for any PID per say? I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
16 Replies

7. HP-UX

memory consumption over a time period

Hi, Can some one please tell me how do I generate a report of the Memory Consumption over a time period: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 0440531406 unlimited-user license I normally use glance to monitor memory in run time. Note: I do not have root privileges. Thanks Danish ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the Files between Time Period

All, How to get the list of files through a unix command which exists / created / updated between 8 PM to 11:59 PM from a particular location. Regards Oracle User (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Terminate TCPDUMP in a certain time period

Hello All, As I stated in subject, I need a command to terminate my tcpdump command in a certain time period. (using HP-UX) I am using below one to terminate when number of captured packages reach 3 limit. But what if there will no packet come in 5 min for instance? Please help me to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrcrowley
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line count of trace files for 24 period

Hi, Using solaris 10 5.10 o/s I am learning awk as I work here on the job. What I need to do is isolate the trace file for the last 24 hours. After that I need to open those trace files and search for 'TNS-|ORA-' message from each one. These trace files MAY HAVE an occurance of them. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
5 Replies
ftpshut(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ftpshut(1M)

NAME
ftpshut - close down the FTP Servers at a given time SYNOPSIS
ftpshut [-V] [-v] [-l min] [-d min] time [warning-message...] DESCRIPTION
The ftpshut command provides an automated shutdown procedure that the superuser can use to notify FTP users when the FTP Server is shutting down. Ten minutes before shutdown, or immediately if the value of time is less than ten minutes, any new FTP Server connections will be disabled. You may adjust the shutdown of new FTP Server connections by means of the -l option. Five minutes before shutdown, or immediately if the value of time is less than five minutes, all current FTP connections will be discon- nected. You may adjust the shutdown of current FTP connections by means of the -d option. The ftpshut command creates shutdown message files that the FTP Server uses to determine when to shutdown. Separate shutdown message files are created in the anonymous and virtual host FTP Server areas, in addition to the system wide shutdown message file. Once the shutdown occurs, the server continues to refuse connections until the appropriate shutdown message file is removed. This normally is done by using the ftprestart(1M) command. The location of the shutdown message file is specified by the shutdown capability in the ftpaccess file. The following magic cookies are available: %s The time system is going to shut down. %r The time new connections will be denied. %d The time current connections will be dropped. %C The current working directory. %E The maintainer's email address as defined in the ftpaccess file. %F The free space in the partition of CWD, in kilobytes. %L The local host name. %M The maximum allowed number of users in this class. %N The current number of users in this class. %R The remote host name. %T The local time (form Thu Nov 15 17:12:42 1990). %U The username given at login time. OPTIONS
The ftpshut command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. -d min The time ahead of shutdown, in minutes, that existing connections will be disconnected upon completion of their current or next (if idle) FTP request. -l min The time ahead of shutdown, in minutes, that new connections will be refused. -v Verbose. Output the pathname of the shutdown message files created. OPERANDS
The ftpshut command supports the following operands: time The time at which ftpshut will bring the FTP Servers down. time can have a value of now, which indicates an immedi- ate shutdown. Alternatively, time can specify a future time in one of two formats: +number or HHMM. The first form brings the FTP Server down in number minutes. The second brings the FTP Server down at the time of day indicated, using a 24-hour clock format. When using the absolute time format, you can only specify times between now and 23:59. warning-message The message to display that warns of the imminent shutdown. The warning-message will be formatted at 70 characters wide. ftpshut knows the actual string length of the magic cookies. If no warning-message is supplied, the default message "System shutdown at %s" is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftprestart(1M), shutdown(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpshut(1M)