Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Script: Removing HTML tags and duplicate lines Post 302784293 by hanson44 on Friday 22nd of March 2013 12:51:16 AM
Old 03-22-2013
Why do you think uniq displays at the top of the windows bar?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicate lines ignore case

hi, I have the following input in file: abc ab a AB b c a C B When I use uniq -u file,the out put file is: abc ab AB c v B C (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellsd
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I am trying to remove duplicate lines from a file. For example the contents of example.txt is: this is a test 2342 this is a test 34343 this is a test 43434 and i want to remove the "this is a test" lines only and end up with the numbers in the file, that is, end up with: 2342... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate blank lines

Hi, how to remove the blank lines from the file only If we have more than one blank line. thanks rameez (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameezrajas
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the duplicate lines in a file

Hi, I need to concatenate three files in to one destination file.In this if some duplicate data occurs it should be deleted. eg: file1: ----- data1 value1 data2 value2 data3 value3 file2: ----- data1 value1 data4 value4 data5 value5 file3: ----- data1 value1 data4 value4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from string (not duplicate lines)

please help me in getting following: Input Desired output x="foo" foo x="foo foo" foo x="foo foo" foo x="foo abc foo" foo abc x="foo foo1 foo2" foo foo1 foo2 I need to remove duplicated from string.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Duplicate Lines per Section

Hello, I am in need of removing duplicate lines from within a file per section. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Header Table ABC4 ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 <= dup need to remove ABC5 593.5000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove html tags,consecutive duplicate lines

I need help with a script that will remove all HTML tags from an HTML document and remove any consecutive duplicate lines, and save it as a text document. The user should have the option of including the name of an html file as an argument for the script, but if none is provided, then the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a block of duplicate lines from a file

Hi all, I have a file with the data 1 abc 2 123 3 ; 4 rao 5 bell 6 ; 7 call 8 abc 9 123 10 ; 11 rao 12 bell 13 ; (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a set of Duplicate lines from a file

Hi, How do i remove a set of duplicate lines from a file. My file contains the lines: abc def ghi abc def ghi jkl mno pqr jkl mno (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raosr020
1 Replies
MUSTACHE(1)							  Mustache Manual						       MUSTACHE(1)

NAME
mustache -- Mustache processor SYNOPSIS
mustache <YAML> <FILE> mustache --compile <FILE> mustache --tokens <FILE> DESCRIPTION
Mustache is a logic-less templating system for HTML, config files, anything. The mustache command processes a Mustache template preceded by YAML frontmatter from standard input and prints one or more documents to standard output. YAML frontmatter beings with --- on a single line, followed by YAML, ending with another --- on a single line, e.g. --- names: [ {name: chris}, {name: mark}, {name: scott} ] --- If you are unfamiliar with YAML, it is a superset of JSON. Valid JSON should work fine. After the frontmatter should come any valid Mustache template. See mustache(5) for an overview of Mustache templates. For example: {{#names}} Hi {{name}}! {{/names}} Now let's combine them. $ cat data.yml --- names: [ {name: chris}, {name: mark}, {name: scott} ] --- $ cat template.mustache {{#names}} Hi {{name}}! {{/names}} $ cat data.yml template.mustache | mustache Hi chris! Hi mark! Hi scott! If you provide multiple YAML documents (as delimited by ---), your template will be rendered multiple times. Like a mail merge. For example: $ cat data.yml --- name: chris --- name: mark --- name: scott --- $ cat template.mustache Hi {{name}}! $ cat data.yml template.mustache | mustache Hi chris! Hi mark! Hi scott! OPTIONS
By default mustache will try to render a Mustache template using the YAML frontmatter you provide. It can do a few other things, however. -c, --compile Print the compiled Ruby version of a given template. This is the code that is actually used when rendering a template into a string. Useful for debugging but only if you are familiar with Mustache's internals. -t, --tokens Print the tokenized form of a given Mustache template. This can be used to understand how Mustache parses a template. The tokens are handed to a generator which compiles them into a Ruby string. Syntax errors and confused tags, therefor, can probably be identified by examining the tokens produced. INSTALLATION
If you have RubyGems installed: gem install mustache EXAMPLES
$ mustache data.yml template.mustache $ cat data.yml | mustache - template.mustache $ mustache -c template.mustache $ cat <<data | ruby mustache - template.mustache --- name: Bob age: 30 --- data COPYRIGHT
Mustache is Copyright (C) 2009 Chris Wanstrath Original CTemplate by Google SEE ALSO
mustache(5), mustache(7), gem(1), http://mustache.github.com/ DEFUNKT
May 2010 MUSTACHE(1)