Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script Checking LVM Mirror not Working Post 302782243 by MichaelFelt on Monday 18th of March 2013 12:11:20 PM
Old 03-18-2013
I will provide the "start command", someone else can provide the parsing bit.

Note: I am not mirrored.

What to look for!

There are two columns labeled LP and PP. Here is can determine how many copies there are. If PP == LP, one copy; if PP is double LP - 2 copies, if PP is three times LP - then three copies of the data (not copies of the first copy, copies is the number of copies of data - 1, 2 or 3).

The magic command to start this is:
Code:
lsvg -o | lsvg -il

Last edited by MichaelFelt; 03-21-2013 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: updated to add -o flag - thanks to bakunin for the reminder!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Configure DNS,NFS,NIS,LDAP and LVM(mirror,sparing and multipathing)

Hello All, I am a newbee in HP UX wanted to know how to configure DNS,NFS,NIS,LDAP and LVM(mirror,sparing and multipathing) in HP UX 11iv2 and v3 and i did go through some of the docs on hp.com but i think those are for experience UX users and i am new to this so if some one could just mention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolsami
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The checking of folder existance is not working...

Hi all, I have the following code: if ; then echo 'folder not exist'; else echo 'folder exist'; fi The "testing" folder is not exist in /home/batch , but thhe result is 'folder exist'. It seems that the code cannot detect that the folder "testing" not exist. ANybody know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suigion
1 Replies

4. Linux

LVM - break mirror taking out orignal copy

Hi Guys, I have a mirrored LVM volume, and wish to break the mirror leaving only copy1 (effectively removing copy 0). Here's the config: # lvs -a -o +devices lvdata vg01 mwi-ao 2.19T lvdata_mlog 100.00 lvdata_mimage_0(0),lvdata_mimage_1(0) vg01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Script For Process Checking is NOT Working

Hello there ULF, Good day! Just want to share my code and as well as my problem on why I'm not getting the output that I want. My original code was: #!/usr/bin/sh echo echo -n "Please input an IP-Pool: " read ip echo echo "Please wait....."... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM mirror creation problem

I apologize is this isn't an appropriate post for the 'advanced' UNIX, so please let me know if I should post this under UNIX for dummies, but here's my problem in a nutshell: I having problems creating a mirrored logical volume. I have created two new physical volumes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonrodan
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved] Problem while working with LVM

Hi I am getting the following error while executing any command related to LVM - # vgs vgs: symbol lookup error: vgs: undefined symbol: pvcreate Can any one please advise how to get rid of this problem? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Patch PHKL_31216 and PHCO_30698 HP-UX 11.11 for replace a LVM mirror boot disk

Hi, I have old server hp rp 3440 hp-ux 11.11. One mirrored disk is faulty. I need spesial patch PHKL_31216 and PHCO_30698, which give to correctly remove disk. Unfortunately I don't have access to hp support site. Please help me find it patch. regards,Andre (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre9
0 Replies

10. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies
lvreduce(1M)															      lvreduce(1M)

NAME
lvreduce - decrease space allocation or the number of mirror copies of logical volumes SYNOPSIS
autobackup] le_number lv_path autobackup] lv_size lv_path autobackup] mirror_copies lv_path [pv_path ...] autobackup] mirror_copies lv_path pvkey ... Remarks Mirrored disk operations require the installation of the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software, which is not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. DESCRIPTION
The command reduces the number of logical extents allocated to a logical volume specified by lv_path. The excess physical extents in the logical volume and any mirror copies are deallocated. Alternatively, it reduces the number of mirror copies in the logical volume. The physical extents that comprise the deleted mirror copy or copies are deallocated. If pv_path ... is specified, the mirror or mirrors to be removed will be deallocated from those specific physical volumes. asks for confirmation before deallocating logical extents if the option is omitted. Options and Arguments The option and pv_path argument are only meaningful if the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software has been installed on the system. recognizes the following options and arguments: lv_path The block device path name of a logical volume. pv_path The block device path name of a physical volume. Set automatic backup for invocation of this command. autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the logical volume. This is the default. After this command executes, the command (see vgcfgbackup(1M)) is executed for the volume group to which the logical volume belongs. Do not back up configuration changes. Force reduction of the number of logical extents without first requesting confirmation. This option can be dangerous when there is a file system on the lv_path that is larger than the size that the logical volume is being reduced to. If the file system is unmounted, the option forces the reduction of the logical volume without reducing the file system. The file system becomes corrupt and is not mountable. If the file system is mounted, fails, preventing a mounted file system from becoming corrupted. Decrease the space allocated to the logical volume, specified in logical extents. le_number is a decimal value smaller than the current number of logical extents. le_number must be at least 1 and no greater than a volume group version-dependent maximum; use the command to determine the maximum number of logical extents for the volume group version. One, and only one, or option must be supplied. Decrease the space allocated to the logical volume, specified in megabytes. lv_size is a decimal value smaller than the current logical volume size. lv_size must be at least 1 and no greater than a volume group version-dependent maximum; use the command to determine the maximum size for the volume group version. lv_size is rounded up to the nearest multiple of the logical extent size, equivalent to the physical extent size defined for the volume group by the command (see vgcreate(1M)). One, and only one, or option must be specified. Reduce the number of mirror copies allocated for each logical extent. A mirror copy contains the same data as the original. mirror_copies must be at least 0 and smaller than the volume group version-dependent maximum; use the command to determine the maximum number of mirror copies for the volume group version. mirror_copies must be smaller than the current value. If optional pv_path arguments are specified, the mirror copies are deallocated from the specified physical vol- umes. One, and only one, or option must be specified. This option should be used only in the special instance when you want to reduce a mirrored logical volume on a physical volume that is missing or has failed. Use to obtain the pvkey (Physical Volume Number in VG). Use this option with the option. Shared Volume Group Considerations For volume group version 1.0 and 2.0, cannot be used if the volume group is activated in shared mode. For volume groups version 2.1 (or higher), can be performed when activated in either shared, exclusive, or standalone mode. Note that the daemon must be running on all the nodes sharing a volume group activated in shared mode. See lvmpud(1M). LVM shared mode is currently only available in Serviceguard clusters. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Decrease the number of the logical extents of a logical volume to one hundred: Reduce to one mirror (that is, an original and one copy) for each logical extent of a logical volume: Remove mirror copies of logical extents of a logical volume from the physical volume Remove a logical volume from a one-way mirrored set on the specified pvkeys: WARNINGS
LVM does not store any information about which physical extents within a logical volume contain useful data; therefore, reducing the space allocated to a logical volume without doing a prior backup of the data could lead to the loss of useful data. The command on a logical volume containing a file system of greater length than the size being reduced to will cause data corruption. To reduce a logical volume being used for swap, that swap area must not be currently in use. SEE ALSO
lvcreate(1M), lvdisplay(1M), lvextend(1M), lvmadm(1M), lvmpud(1M), pvchange(1M), pvdisplay(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). lvreduce(1M)